Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Vague - Survival Horror Game [Development Thread]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2010 21:00
Yeah Juze! I'm really interested in how my retextures actually look

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 00:03
2Rogues and Wolf: As you wish

Update:

A screenshot showing some more zombies, this time with Wolf's magical texture touch.

Also mgarand is currently working on the guns of the game and the first one is getting pretty much done. M79 Grenade Launcher

JaredxD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 02:26
So Awesome!!

Definetely some of the best work I have seen around here, Keep it up!

Boom.
Decneo
Years of Service
User Offline
Update 2 :

Personal 3D Modeler for your game.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 10:26
wow decneo, this texture is much better love it! Damm this project is getting better and better

Decneo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "wow decneo, this texture is much better love it! Damm this project is getting better and better"

Thanks mate .

Personal 3D Modeler for your game.
2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
Absolutely amazing job Juzi and Decneo! This project has great potential!
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 00:21
I don't know if I should cry or laugh.

I've experienced a bug I've never seen/heard before. All my entities from the first 2 levels have vanished. Only doorways and rooms are standing.

This should keep me occupied the whole night as I'm going to start the levels from pretty much scratch (but yey, I have walls standing). This is sort off good thing when you look at it from the different angle. I can make some things differently that I don't like, and I'm going to shade everything.

I'll let you know in the morning (GMT + 2) how my levels turned out

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
That is depressing, hopefully it doesn't happen again. It's good that you still maintain a good mood amidst this frustration!
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 01:36
Thanks. Vague is like a family member to me. I just can't abandon her

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 02:57
Quote: "I've experienced a bug I've never seen/heard before. All my entities from the first 2 levels have vanished. Only doorways and rooms are standing."

In fact it's a rather common disaster. It happens when for any reason the contents of the "files" folder are re-arranged. It doesn't matter for a built game of course but any maps (=.fpm) are affected, since they load all media from the path they got it originally.

I am talking of experience. After having downloaded tons of free media from the forums and the major free fps websites, at one point I decided to neatly restructure everything. I did put creatures, entities, vehicles, etc. in seperate folders and renamed segment folders accoriding to the content inside. As a result all of my maps suddenly where missing some (or most) of the media.

I guess most of us did that mistake in one or the other way at the start.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 03:29
Knowing from your posts Storyteller, I was a bit worried you'd come up with your usual "FPSC Curse" statement. Thanks for saving that

It could be because I edited some sounds and textures which were also used in that level. Don't know if that's the problem but the undeniable truth is that I have to start from scratch, which really doesn't bother me. Atleast I won't be bored for a couple of days re-filling the levels and adding shaders to everything . Thanks to bond1's shader tutorial videos, I can finally make Vague's graphics something I've always wanted

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 17:10
I hope this is getting fixed ,

Weapons update:

guns are going good. Desert eagle and mp5 will be done soon and the m79 is ready to be rigged

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 18:08
After 13 hours of making everything shadermapped, I'm finally done. Now I can start rebuilding levels 1 and 2

mgarand:

Glad to hear. That Desert Eagle looks awesome even while WIP

Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
your game remind me this game : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rQMiVUBPLc

day of the zombie ^^
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2011 21:44
Thank you! I take that as a compliment. Is that a mod for Land of the Dead? Looks similiar . The gameplay seemed a little boring though (something I'm NOT trying to do with Vague of course )

Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
not it's a stand alone game http://informationtypes.blogspot.com/2010/01/pc-game-day-of-zombie.html

first time i think it was fpsc ^^
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2011 14:12
Quote: "day of the zombie "

That game is so lolling... it looks ok, but the gameplay is REALLY bad in my opinion... and almost every other thing in the game kinda sucks somehow...

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2011 14:16
glad we can learn from their mistakes

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2011 05:12
Juzi, e-mail me at my MSN address instead of the pwp-games.com address for now. I presume you didn't see my MSN message, you were probably AFK. I had to go in a hurry, sorry - hope to get an e-mail from you soon.

Redoing my entire website... again. EDIT: Finished it! Whew.
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2011 19:11
Yeah. That game seems to have some nice insights but the gameplay seems kinda repeating and whaat the hell, only 2 zombies, max 3 at the same time? Repeatedly? That gets kinda boring in a while. Some good pacing with investigating and big fights is much more interesting in my books.

Okay I think that's enough off-topic, let's get back to Vague

PW Productions:

Sent you an email. Hope to see you online soon so we can start working

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 20:18 Edited at: 1st Feb 2011 20:19
Update:

I have changed my principles with this game a little: The game will no longer be 100% custom as was originally planned. This is simply because: A: I want this game to be done in a reasonable timeline and B: My money sources aren't limitless.

Not to worry! This will only affect the prop entities. Everything else will still be custom (characters, weapons etc.). Of course I won't just throw in some random entities. If and when I use entities made by someone outside "Vague-team", they will be heavily re-textured to blend with the rest of the game's graphical style.

Some other news:

Re-construction of levels 1 and 2 are going forward nicely. The first level is going to be even better than before in my opinion.

Or what do you think?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
3Bit
Years of Service
User Offline
Entities are well placed . Everything's looking nice so far, my eye seems to go towards the middle of the picture accomplished the center of attention well. Good job

3Bit
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 20:06
Hmmm... I think I liked the older one better... The desk back there wich is thrown like that doesn't really fit in in my opinion. Entity placement has been very subtle and realistic so far, who had the time to throw that table like that when the zombies attacked? Other than that, it looks cool. Altho the door is something I am not really a fan of, but it's not that bad it would be something to complaint about.

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 08:35
Thanks for the comments!

Metal Devil123:

Yeah I guess it was a mistake to show that screenshot without actually explaining what happened in that room. Let's just say that there are other things lurking on the streets too than just zombies

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 15:37
Well in that case. But I assume that the monster wanted to go out from the room right? So wouldn't the door that's leaning to the table be outside the room? Or did it crash in, and found nothing fun there and went out?

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 17:36
I love when people do this, making theories when the game isn't out yet .

You'll found out yourself eventually, there will be a voicelog of some sort in that room

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 19:10
Hmmm... maby the monster didn't find the voice log that fun and decided to go ape ship...

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 18:00
Do I even need to answer that?

A small update:

The first weapon of Vague is now FPSC ready though I won't be showing screenshots of it just yet because I don't have proper shaders for it at this point.

Also I think it's worth mentioning that all the enemy characters are now broadly ready (a big thanks to Decneo). There are some small tweaks to animations but overall, they are done. We are currently discussing what kind of cut scenes there will be: The Vague-classic comic strip-style, or some real animated cut scenes. We'll see

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 21:39
Quote: "Do I even need to answer that?"

Yes! NOW!

Quote: "We are currently discussing what kind of cut scenes there will be: The Vague-classic comic strip-style, or some real animated cut scenes. We'll see"

Or no cut scenes at all? Do it Half-Life style!?

if there was something big going on in the room, maby some battle marks on the walls? Scratches or something? Or classicly cliche'd footprints

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 22:17
Quote: "Or no cut scenes at all? Do it Half-Life style!?"

Well actually most of the game will be like that: Everything happens in game. But some scenes need to be cut scened

Quote: "...maby some battle marks on the walls?"

Actually that's a great suggestion! I struggled a good while trying to think what kind of detail I could put to the walls, as they looked kinda bare. Now I know what to do

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 19:21
Quote: "Actually that's a great suggestion!"

What else kinda suggestions I give!

(mysterious bump hidden in the form of a joke)

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:38:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:38:49