Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DBP 7.5] Fastsync Causes Objects Not To Animate

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2010 19:57
I've been working on a game and I've been using FastSync all this time, but for some reason the LOOP OBJECT and PLAY OBJECT commands no longer work with it. Try opening up AppendObject.dbpro in Dark Basic Professional\Help\examples\basic3d and changing the sync command to fastsync. The ninja just stands there. What's strange though is that I believe it was working just fine with FastSync not too long ago with the same update, but I'm not entirely sure.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Guns, cinematics, stealth, items and more!
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2010 02:05
'fastsync' is not supposed to update animations, that's why it's 'fast'. The previous behaviour of it doing so was a bug.

The primary purpose of 'fastsync' is for updating multiple cameras separately. Obviously you only want to update the animation once so you use 'sync' for the main camera and 'fastsync' for the others.

Why can't you just use 'sync'?

[b]
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2010 04:33 Edited at: 29th Aug 2010 04:34
Quote: "The previous behaviour of it doing so was a bug."

Ah, I had no idea. I was just wondering why the animations in my project had stopped all of a sudden; thanks for clearing that up!

Quote: "Why can't you just use 'sync'?"

I vaguely recall running into a few issues with it in this project before, but I'll try it again and see how it goes.

EDIT: I tried it a few minutes ago, it caused some weird sound glitches with my sound system. I guess I'll have to deal with it for now though . Thanks again.

Guns, cinematics, stealth, items and more!
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 29th Aug 2010 12:22
Thanks Diggsey. I hadn't realised that either.

Something else for my aging brain to remember.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:03:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:03:21