Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Animation for 2d inside of Dark Basic ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Are there anyways to do animations for 2d fighting characters inside darkbasicpro without using any outside animators or paintshops because i am interested in making a Mortal Kombat side scrolling fighter and need some way of giving my chars some decent looking moves. Thankyou very much for your time.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Inside DBPro? From Scratch? Without any external programs?

Boxes, and cylinders ?

You are presuming I think that DBPro has a lot of media included with it, well it doesn't really. But you can use media that people give away for free, or you can use media included with DBPro Demos. People give away animated models like Simple's Robot model. You can find quite a lot if you look around. DB Classic media will also work with DBPro, and so will any bmp,jpg,3DS,X, and others. Animations come in many forms, but you have to beware of copyright material. You could even capture animations from DVD or avi and have film stars in your games, but of course you couldn't sell it.

Pincho.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 20:24 Edited at: 29th Sep 2003 20:26
It's also possible to create something like matchstick men inside DBPro, but it wouldn't be very easy.

I suppose you could also make every 2D limb a seperate image, and do some rotate, and stuff to make nice animation. That would also be a painful experience.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 10:24:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 10:24:57