Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Under-water base test (x9)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 14:28 Edited at: 27th Sep 2010 11:00
Your name is dave(may change) and it's your first day in charge of security with no question's asked,you are trapped in an under-water complex which lost it's pressure in an experiment gone wrong.
Your objective is to find out what happened and escape before you drown.
You are also ex-special forces and know your weapon's.
Your only way out is through the un-known restricted access entrance as your familiar route has been flooded.

UPDATE-Until i purchase a better cpu this will be on hold for about 2-3 months as im having trouble with the framerate of what my vision of the game is to be,i will update again as the level has progressed since the last update.

Hi guy's,as the water effect hasn't been intergrated yet i thought i'd use bond's water effect's from the metro model pack to try and create an under-water looking level,this is V117 im using.
As you can see it isn't finished yet,let me know what you think? cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMb64oHGZQw (level design has been altered and improved since this video was posted)

As this is a level in progress i presume this is the place to post this but if i am wrong i bow down to the wrath of the moderator's as they can't be reasoned with,they feel no pitty or remorse and they will not stop until you are dead,just kidding i watched the terminator last night

[img]null[/img]
[img]null[/img]
URL=http://img706.imageshack.us/i/snapshot14d.png/][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[img]null[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[img]null[/img]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/
[img]null[/img]

[img]null[/img]
[img]null[/img]

Note:No light source has been added yet.

[img]null[/img]

[img]null[/img]
update's:-
Weapons:I have decided not to use hand's for the weapon's so that i can use different weapon's from other model pack's along with stock weapon's.(even though im a fan of hands)
The stock weapon's will be changed slightly most natably the sound's and muzzle flash along with the positioning,ammo will be hard to find and must be used wisely or you will die.
Development:This will take a while to make as i intend to make it the best i can with my knowledge of fpsc,in which i am still learning,new updates may allow me to change and alter level design as i am waiting for the water update and better framerates.
Level design:Each new level will look different from the last and some may not even include enemies.

Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 16:35
It looks pretty nice but you aren't following the rules on how the main post should look like also you didn't post a screen so this can be quickly locked.

Contact me in Skype,name- nejcplan
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 16:46 Edited at: 14th Sep 2010 17:33
All sorted zay,i'm happy,your happy,everybody's happy....happy,happy,happyjust kidding with you,thank's for the comment

Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 17:40
I must say it looks great

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 17:52
Thank's,i started working on it yesterday morning but not constantly as i get the creator's version of writers block if you get me?
There's no enemy activity at the moment as i'm using a weedy p4 2.9ghz which is making the framerate drop like a turd,the rest of my system can handle fpsc no problem,just need a new cpu then i can add and add

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 17:56
The story line kind of reminds of the Challenger Deep mod for Half-Life 1, but it looks good anyway, nice work!

I game therefore I am.
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 17:59
bruce3371-thank's man but brace yourself....i never played half-life 1,i know....dont scream at me, but i played half-life 2

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 18:19
Quote: "i never played half-life 1"

YOU NEVER PLAYER HALF-LIFE 1? WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU?!

just kidding,but this does have a half-life-ish feel to it.

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 18:38 Edited at: 14th Sep 2010 18:39
Looks amazing DC! Has the half life feel to it!

How about adding a script to it that limits the time of the player in the level? Like as if the player drowns before they reach the end if they take too much time.

Abdul Ahad
Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 19:58
I found a glitch!

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 20:08 Edited at: 14th Sep 2010 20:13
Yeah i know,i find the full shader's in fpsc are glitchy as hell,i have to de-activate the muzzle flash effect's on all weapon's as only the floor and (sometime's) ceiling light up when i fire a weapon,the wall's do not light up for some strange reason and for that reason i'd rather have no muzzle lighting.
As for the chair glitch,all of the stock sci-fi entitie's are dodgy when full shader's are activated but i need them activated for the water effect's as they look so cool,maybe bond should do the water effets for the next update?
I thought i was the only one with this problem but i have seen fpsc video's on youtube which have the same problem and think a lot of people think it's normal?correct me if i'm wrong someone
Also most of the time fpsc can be one big glitch itself,when it work's for you it's great but when it doesn't it makes you feel like playing frizbee

vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 15:41
Actually your model doesn't have smoothing groups so.

Check for pure horror.
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 17:01
vortech-what do you mean?

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2010 15:17
This is looking great, very good use of stock stuff.
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2010 15:27
roger wilco-thanks,stock media is great and dont understand why so many users decide against it?
My cpu is the only thing thats letting me down at the moment and the lack of water that was slated for v117 release,when those two are sorted il be well away

CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2010 20:11
been playing bioshock?

I want coke, not Pepsi!
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2010 03:37
I gotta say nice job so far. Your lights seem to all have sources, creative use of the media (pipes coming through broken ceiling, etc.) The entities seem like they belong where they are at, not just dropped in because you felt the need to put something there. I see a lot of WIP's doing this. Yours all have purpose. I like the arm stuck in the closed door, gives it a feeling like the event happened quickly and not everyone could be saved, they player gets to make up his own story about what that moment must have been like...maybe his friend was on the other side and had to make a decision to leave him...Nice job.
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2010 10:56
cocacola-ha,i was waiting for someone to say that,but...no

raymondlee306-Thanks for your comment,i have updated the game quite a bit so i should have a new update and maybe a playable demo by next month

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 12:13
I am having trouble uploading a mini demo of level 1,the file is compressed but when around 10-14mb of the file has uploaded it stops,i have tried mediafire and a few other sites(cant remember off the top of my head).
Any help would be great in suggesting a good site to use,thanks

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600x120 and no anim.
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
nice one.I like the vatten(water)

Hello
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 19:59
good news, beta 3 of 1.18 is out and it had water, it seems slightly glitchy but it is a beta.

good frame rates matter...
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 13:20
Yep,the water is here!!!!
Will have to re-design some of the level now to reduce the lag

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600x120 and no anim.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 11:14:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 11:14:22