Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Tarot Suite DarkGDK WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am working on two simultaneous projects at the moment, my RPG game, and then I am working on a fully featured Tarot Card program.

Load full decks into the game
Shuffle Algorithm, an actual shuffle simulation, where cards exchange position with each other on a cycle, after setting the cards into random positions within the deck. My goal is to make this as realistic as possible, to preserve the integrity of the tarot system.
Basic Gui(Buttons, text boxes(this one is still a little buggy)
Save and Load Spreads
Card Info dialog, this one is almost complete, it brings up info on the selected card in a dialog to the right.
Spread Analyzer, will use different methods such as numerology, astrology, etc to give you an in depth perspective on the cards. Also if certain cards come up that are of a certain theme and go along with eachother the program will alert you can give you a customized interpretation.
Card analysis over time. Will track the cards that come up under a given user profile, letting you know the most common cards that come up, and the most common issues that the cards talk about.

I plan to make this a part of an even larger suite of computer divination tools, and sell them on the web.

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not keen on esoteric things at all but I find your idea interesting. Just one technical remark: work a bit on your text boxes because the words are separated and broken to the next line in random places. Try to keep whole words together.
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
That's the next thing on my to do list, I spent a while creating the load function so I can make the dialog boxes dynamic so I dont have to adjust line breaking myself or anything, my next step is to make it detect when it is breaking in the middle of a word and have it adjust accordingly.
Plotinus
Years of Service
User Offline
Also it looks like you have the text for the Fool displayed with the card for the Lovers... but I'm sure you know that already.

It is a nice deck you're using - which is it?
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah lol, it's cause I'm lazy and didn't input all the card meanings, that was just to test out the text box function. And it's called the gilded tarot.
Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 22:26
I don't believe in divination but Tarot cards do fascinate me, so I'm really intrigued by this.

A few pointers: you might want to make the text a little smaller and use a less garish font colour. (Purple seems a bit too colourful - I'd personally prefer plain black.) Other than that it looks good!

Secretary of Unknowable Knowledge for the Rock/Dink administration '08
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Tarot cards aren't exactly fortune telling per so, they each represent an aspect of the human condition, and the cards give you insight, not exactly a 100% future. The cards give you the most likely outcome based on the current situation at hand.
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
I fixed the text
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Added a scroll bar and started on the dialog box for setting up a new spread.
As soon as I get all the card descriptions in I'll give out a workable demo.
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks much better! Is it written in Dark GDK or Dark Basic Professional? If Dark GDK, then I'd be interested what you used to create the user interface, since there has been some discussion on GUI creation on the GDK board recently.
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
It's darkGDK and the interface is made using a program I designed which lets you drag and click to make planes, and then it exports the planes to a text file and I load them up into my program and texture them. It's the easiest way I've found.
Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2010 22:42
The text's much better now Keep at it!

Secretary of Unknowable Knowledge for the Rock/Dink administration '08

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 13:12:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 13:12:17