Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / looping sound

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 19:57 Edited at: 17th Sep 2010 17:12
Hello
original post at DBPro Newcomers http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=175656&b=7&p=0

EDIT: deleted code that wasn't important for bug

I made a pause function. When I pause the game the sound will pause, like I want it and when I unpause the game it will resume the sound but stop looping it(I want to keep it looping). I used the command SOUND LOOPING and it kept returning the value one even when the sound stopped playing
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 23:46
Why not remove all the stuff that's irrelevant to the bug report? Hardly anyone has the time to wade through all that.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2010 01:11
Note, 1beginner1, that DarkBASIC Professional is not case sensitive. That means you can type the whole thing in lowercase if you like. You can type it in mixed case. You can type it how you like. DBPro is a very flexible language. I think all those tabs make it hard to read, too. It might be just me (I have only just started learning C++ and I never use tabs in DBPro), but I find tabs make the code look all stretched out and messy, as do comments (not to discourage from using comments as they are good but they do mess up code ).

Clonkex

Making games is easy.....finishing them is a different matter.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT 512mb, 1gb ram.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 23:32
While dredging through old bug reports today I had a look at this thread. I couldn't see a problem with the loop/resume sound commands.

Here's the code I used (works for me on both XP and Vista). Just toggle looping sound/no sound by pressing the "p" key.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2012 10:02
Good example, but - how the heck did you post on here, since the last post was a year ago?? They normally auto-lock at 30 days.

Clonkex

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2012 13:21
Bug reports don't get locked - except where the AUP has been violated.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2012 20:49
Didn't know that....thanks.

Clonkex

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:14:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:14:33