Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DBPro U7.5] Shader RENDERTARGET semantic causes multiple techniques to fail

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 14:59 Edited at: 4th Oct 2010 12:44
The attached project is intended to be a simple demo of the use of the RENDERTARGET shader semantic introduced in U7.5.

The shader consists of two techniques: t0 removes the red and blue components of the object's texture, and t1 removes just the red.

Press and hold "t" to see the second technique.

However, only the first declared technique displays correctly. If you edit the shader so that the order of the technique declarations is reversed you'll see that again it's the first technique that displays correctly.

In other words each technique works correctly when it's the first technique declared in the shader, but not otherwise.

Edit I've discussed this with Lee and it seems that the problem may be that the two techniques have different numbers of passes and DBPro might not be handling that correctly. I'll report back when I've done some more testing.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:22:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:22:49