Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Hardware Accellerated Sprites?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
As far as I can tell, the sprites I've seen from the DB Demos are "software" sprites. I manually did some sprite work in Direct Draw a few weeks ago and the DB Sprites show all the same signs.

For example, as you scale them, they become more "pixellated". Performance (fps) drops dramatically the more of the screen a sprite fills (when scaled up). Rotations are jerky.

So far I've seen the pixellated and performance drop of the sprites from the DB Demos. I haven't seen the rotation yet because I haven't been able to find any documentation on ROTATE SPRITE, if anyone could help with that, too. But in all, I was wondering if there is a way to get hardware accellerated sprites as opposed to the sprites I've seen in the Demos. Thanks
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2003 21:18
Are you using darkbasic classic or pro. Pro uses textured plains for sprites that can be rotated. If you are using classic you could try using textured plains insted of sprites. The problem with this method is that like with sprites in pro you will lose the pixel perfect collision.
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2003 02:16
dbc = software sprites
dpb = dx 8.1 sprites, which use 3d hardware
neonfaktory
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thanks guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 20:39:00