Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / True Alpha

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 17:18
Is there a way to handle true alpha mapped images in 2D/DB? Using the ghosting option on 3d plains doesn't work with the intentions I have planned. The alpha isn't dictated by darkness of image in a given area.

Brian Gilbert
Darklight Studio
ironhoof
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes you can but only if your making an image mainstream as in drawing program like so..

that simple function I created can CONVERT numberic scale, how can that do alpha very simple.

first get the red green blue of the image your mixing with the other then read the pixel from the other image then you can combine the two pixels being mixed together by supplying the amout of translucancy..

Newr=PanValue(trans,100,red,red2)
newg=PanVlue(Trans,00,green,green2)
newb=PanValue(trans,100,blue,blue2)

um BTW if anyone can figure out how to make this function smaller share it with me I wrote it long ago and after getting it to work i didnt want to screw it up to see if i could make it smaller.

-----\
There was a man on the stairs that wasn't there.
He wasn't there agian today I think he's from the CIA.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:55:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:55:10