Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / ODE Physics & u7.5. Oh, Come on!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2010 23:30 Edited at: 31st Oct 2010 15:46
Hi,

Just tried DarkPRINCIPLES, ODE Tutorials. http://www.dcforeman.co.uk. Tutorial 1-6, the ball appears to be static. This is the code, as I typed it.

Also, newsletter issue 34, Getting Physical by Steve Vink. The example ODE Basics, the ball just flies off and all the blocks fall together through the floor. I have checked the upgrade7_5 text file. The only, changes made to ODE Physics was something to do with a memory leak. The newsletter example did work in u7.4. I have tried this on Window XP and Windows 7. I have also removed all third party dll’s, with no joy. I have used Newton Physics and Sparkys Collisions. I am just trying to figure out ODE Physics. So, if anyone here can help it would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian

Have netbook will travel.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2010 08:11
Quote: "all the blocks fall together through the floor"

Maybe try using a box instead of a plane? I haven't used ODE but I imagine this could be the problem.

BillR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2010 08:16 Edited at: 31st Oct 2010 08:16
Here is a working version for you..
make sure you read my y-rotate remarks
good luck
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2010 16:41
Thank you.

@baxslash: I will try that.

@BillR: Thanks for the example. I have modified my code.

I noticed you have slanted the ground to get the ball bouncing in the z direction. So, then it would appear the ODE Add Force command has no effect. You have any info on this.

Thanks again.
Brian

Have netbook will travel.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 08:39:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 08:39:29