Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Game problem!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2010 02:23
Hi there,

I have been working hard to make my first 2d game after I started learning DarkGDK 2 months ago. I am trying to produce a game, where rocks fall from cart on the top of the screen and the player has to catch them by cart on the bottom of the screen. I have done everything, there is no errors in the code, although after the title screen, the game goes straight to the summary page with score on it. Could someone have a look and see what is there missing please? I can imagine I am missing a very simple thing, but I just can't figure out what it is!

Regards,
SPEED-E

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 03:03
I know nothing of DGDK but it sounds like there's no loop within the game code. and P.S. for the future, try to come up with more helpful topic names.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2011 03:30
Ya, your problem is pretty simple, but it is no obvious given your description of whats wrong. This is no to say that your description was bad, but just that this is something that you may not think of right away.

In render you have the command dbSyncOn().
you should only call this once and at the beginning. There is also no point in calling dbSyncOff(). In render you should have dbSync() instead.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:45:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:45:09