Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Uninstalling FPSCX10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2010 20:24
I have FPSX10 installed and I am experiencing problems with the materials on many of the addon model packs, I believe that this is a problem with the X10 install, I would ilke to uninstall it and re-install but when I try to run the uninstall from the folder or use the remove programs from the control panel I get a message stating that it has stopped working.

I can delete the entire folder and re-install that way by using the "update" on the CD but when I do this I still have the problems.

I would like to remove the product entirely including registry and other associated files to then do a clean install. I have even removed all my model packs and this still will not let me uninstall the product. Can someone please suggest a way that I can remove this, or why the uninstall is crashing.

My system is running Vista 64, with BFG GTX8800 graphics, DirectX10, all drivers and operating system have latest updated installed. My FPSCX10 is running version 1.1 if I upgrade to the later version I have all sorts of problems. I even installed the latest SDK for direct X and this had not impact.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2010 21:00
Very good question, this used to happen to me, I fixed it by wiping my computer. I probably understand you don't want to do that. But deleting it by the folder is really the only way that I know of for now to delete it. What problems do you get with 1.11? and what do you mean materials?

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Chiblue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 00:57
Actually 1.11 works, but I cannot updgrade past this otherwise I have lots of problems with materials missing from the objects in various model pack.

I could manually uninstall it is someone can tell me what files need to be removed from where?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 14:13
The only two folders that I know of are the program files one and the documents one:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\FPSC X10 Files

Mystic-Mod: Putting the fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:15:49
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:15:49