Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DBPro] Almost Running In Wine for Linux!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2010 20:26
I have installed DBP on a version of Ubuntu called Puredyne using Wine (a program that enables Linux to run windows programs).
When I run DBP I get the error MD5.dll needs to be in the compiler folder. I have checked and it IS in the folder. I don't have any anti-virus software so there's no way it is being mistaken for a virus.
After closing this error the editor still opens up fine, it seems a bit laggy when typing but it works and the text is syntax highlighted. When I go to compile the MD5.dll error comes up again and DBP crashes.

I have run a compiled DBP .exe in wine fine.

I don't know if there has been any testing with Wine but it would be super amazing if I could use DBP on Linux.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Do oranges know what colour they are?
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 23:04
Exactly what DBPro.exe did you get to run in Wine?

Custom,intel 3.0GHz Hyper Threaded,4GB RAM,ATI X1500 256mb,
WindowsXP DBpro v7.5 Synergy
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
amusement
Years of Service
User Offline
Coooooooool~ many thanks for you.

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 06:11 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2010 06:13
I ran a compiled exe of a game IBOL wrote, he had to take the midi files out (wine seems to have problems with midi files in general) but it worked fine after than. It ran very slowly but my hardware was out-dated 6 years ago so i wouldn't read too much into that.

The MD5.dll error seems to be the only thing stopping DBP from working propely in Wine.

Everything worthwhile requires effort.
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2011 20:12
Don't know if you fixed it, but I did just now and thought I'd share. MD5.dll is simply missing mfc42.dll, so I put that in the Compiler folder and BAM, it kind of worked. The DBP activation window popped up (as it's a new installation) but it didn't seem to be sending my activation code properly, so I just copied the DBP folder from my windows partition and it works! An "Invalid parameter" error pop ups whenever I compile, but it doesn't seem to affect the process.

This is using the old editor, mind you. The new editor loads into an infinite pile of popups and I can't figure out how to stop it. CodeSurge also works.

This is exciting. I R HAV LUNIX CUBEZ

May 10th / Geek Culture / Jerico2day-OBese87 / VOTE
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2011 20:57
cool, I will try it out when I get home.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2011 21:59
Quote: "Don't know if you fixed it, but I did"

pics or it didn't happen!

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2011 22:48 Edited at: 25th Apr 2011 22:48
U THiNK I NOT HAV?

May 10th / Geek Culture / Jerico2day-OBese87 / VOTE

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 00:16
Quote: "U THiNK I NOT HAV?"

ok, I believe you now

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2011 23:47
I couldn't get DBPro to work, I don't think it ran on my system before anyway because the specs are too low, so I'm now trying to get DBC running.

Installation
You must have Wine installed before continuing!

1. The setup wont automatically run when you load the CD, you have to right click the DBC CD icon that appears on the desktop and select "Open" (do not choose "Open with autorun prompt" as this has no effect).

2. This opens the CD directory in a window, right click and select "Open with other application" then type "wine" and choose "Wine core exe", there are multiple entries with this name for some reason, I just picked a random one and it worked, I presume they are all the same.

3. The DBC setup should run as usual and install DBC onto your virtual Wine C drive.

3D Problems
I have done very little testing, I've only run two programs, one was "Hello World" which worked fine, but when I tried loading an example program which used 3D it crashed
Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?

I should try running it from the terminal but it's been a while since I used it and I am a bit of a linux noob anyway.

Sorry I know this is really badly written lol

Your memory has been erased by a mod - Your new name is Brian.
Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2011 06:15 Edited at: 9th May 2011 06:19
hmmm... try running wine with the -opengl tag?
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_edit&i=2199784&b=15&t=177779&p=0
[edit]

errm, so how that would look in command line would be either:

wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/DBPro/TEMP/whatevs.exe -opengl
or
wine "C:\\Program Files\\DBPro\\TEMP\\whatevs.exe" -opengl

errm, you can probably figure out how to change the directory, so I won't explain that xD

Tell me if there's a broken link to images in a thread I post, and I'll fix 'em.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:32:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:32:41