Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Good Tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 20:34 Edited at: 26th Nov 2010 21:43
Hi
Im getting DarkBasicClassic This Xmas
i checked for tutorials,but the one i founded dint explain very well
Were i can get good tutorials?
Thanks
EDIT: Did TGC Send U the disk at home or they Let u download it?
cuz i wanna the disk

Team Fortress 2 Lover
TF2:best game ever created
SOURCE:best Game Engine EVAR
Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Get the DarkGame Studio Bonanza. Better and cheaper(I think). They give the disk for DGSBonanza.

BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Check out TDK's tutorials as those are quite well written. Back in the day I got a book called "The Beginner's Guide to DarkBASIC Game Programming" which was pretty good, but I don't know if you can find it anymore. They have a couple DBPro books out, not sure how good they are.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Theres lots of tuts about for most stuff if you look, there are some good vids on youtube by DCforeman. I must reccomend the old INPUT magazines for down to earth step by step BASIC programming knowledge. Unfortunately they are hard to get hold of and very old now I doubt many here would remember it. If only I had purchased them at the time, rather than read my mates, still reckon there would be some gems in there worth looking at.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
GLaDOS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2010 08:33 Edited at: 27th Nov 2010 08:42
OK Thanks
But now: they give u the disk For DBC? cuz i wanna something real for xmas,Not something to download.
EDIT:Never mind,it cost basically the same and got some Extra things i love such DarkAI and DarkPhysics,but are u sure they send you it at home?

EDIT2: Im looking at Some tutorials made by dcforemanuk on youtube,it learns a lot of stuff but what i dont understand is why i must use it. i mean when i must use a variable,When use a loop ecc.
Or maybe its me (im italian maybe i dont understand everything well)

Team Fortress 2 Lover
TF2:best game ever created
SOURCE:best Game Engine EVAR
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2010 11:17 Edited at: 27th Nov 2010 11:18
If I were you I would get the DGS bonanza deal and use Dark Basic Pro rather than Dark Basic Classic. A lot of people think that because it has "pro" in the name it must be harder but it isn't! It has a nicer editor and is much more modern, allowing for more up to date game features such as shaders.
EDIT: and yes, they send a disk to you, but also allow you to download some of the products as far as I remember.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
It might be worth you buying a book on the basics, or ordering one from the library.
Variables are just a more useful way to use numbers in general although they can store words (strings).
For instance

do
print "10"
loop

That will print 10 until you exit the loop.

a=1 `****** sets up variable a and gives it a value of 1
do
print a `****** prints variable a's current value
inc a,1 `****** increments variable a by 1
loop

That will count up by 1 until you exit the loop. As you can see, using a variable allows you to do things you couldn't if you simply used a number.
There is some basic help included with Db and Db Pro so best to start in there if you have no clue where to begin(the principles section in DB Pro's help is where I would recommend you start).

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
action games
Years of Service
User Offline
I get the good tutorial for the object oriented programming languages from the ruby tutorial websites. I get all the concept of the oops, this tutorial is easy to understand the concept of the oops even the initializer also can understand it and perform any type of the operation very easily.

action games
Years of Service
User Offline
I get the good tutorial for the object oriented programming languages from the ruby tutorial websites. I get all the concept of the oops, this tutorial is easy to understand the concept of the oops even the initializer also can understand it and perform any type of the operation very easily.

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2010 17:30 Edited at: 13th Dec 2010 17:32
@FPS
I would highly recommend getting a book to work through.
Programming text books can be expensive but they are worth it if you have the extra cash. If not, while you might struggle to find a DarkBASIC book in your local library, you should be able to find something on general programming and BASIC programming. Those will give you an idea of the fundamentals of programming, for more specific things to DB you can try TDK's Tutorials They are very good and cover all the basics.

DB makes 3D programming easy, so you'll need to find a specific DB tutorial to do stuff in 3D. There's lots of code on these forums so I'm sure you'll learn from a bit of browsing. Check out the DB CHallenge thread.

Snobbery is a privilege of the ignorant.
stawr2
Years of Service
User Offline
you could search on youtube and check out lynda for tutorials

<a href="http://www.gamehacky.com">game hack</a>
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 15:02
I thought I heard somewheree DB Pro was free now?

"Only the educated are free" ~Epictetus
"Imagination is more important than knowledge..." ~Einstein

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:08:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:08:48