Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / 3D Fighter - untitled : Alpha screen shots...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice,who modeled the ninja guys?

The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 23:19
Psionic modeled those guys (read first page )

"Nintendo GameCube is the best"
Current project: Xtreme RC racing
Current progress: 15% done
Nazgul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2003 18:13
Just passed by to say I'm just very busy lately and will keep so for a while, but as he has an already working model and it's all going to take him a while, I am solving other stuff instead. But leaving it untextured is not among my plans.

http://www.freewebs.com/sysiphus/<--3d fight model there
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2003 18:48
Hi, I know what you mean. I'm hoping to get some quality time on this project over xmas, work/study taking over life at the moment :-o, anyway, still looking forward to seeing the textured version when you get to it,

See ya.
koolaid 2764
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2003 12:10
lampton i would like to chat with you about something i see your not with any im at th moment though?

KOOLAID
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 18:20
Hi, you can drop me a message through RGT at http://www.dannywartnaby.co.uk/rgt/ if you like?

Cheers.
The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 02:41
When will this be up for download or am I blind??
cheers

"Nintendo GameCube is the best"
I used to be the Dark Padawan
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 19:33
Hi, no download version yet. Not getting alot of time on DBP due to work/study, plus NG's collision DLL has distracted me I must admit (it has breathed life back into abandoned projects).

Cheers,
Nazgul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2003 20:25
Hi, does it mean you've left for ever the coding project..I'd just like to know...I've been busy with some projects and other things.

Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 20:28
Hi,

I still plan to work on it, if not now then later, and no matter what I (or others) work on, we'll all generally need some good models, so keep at it I'd still like to see a textured model to see how good ya are!

See ya.
Nazgul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2003 21:07
"how good ya are"

damn good.

A pro, indeed.

Sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation

Nop, but it wouldn't be a deception, imho

Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 00:56 Edited at: 26th Dec 2003 00:56
How's the progress moving on this game...?
Anyways, Merry Christmas!

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 11:47
Hi ya,

I'm trying to break out my combo input code into a function, trying to make my projects more modular so I can plug bits into other programs etc.

Still distracted by NG's collision dll though...not sure if anyone remembers my zombie model, but he was from a game with a Hitman type camera that I spent ages on but had problems with the world collision, which I've recently got working (about a year on). Too much to do so little time Ah, creativity, don't ya just love it.

Cheers.
Nazgul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 19:00
well...I had even filled a folder with martial art refs, photos, bruce lee faces, jeans clothes, etc...I had a clear idea of how I wanted this model.

But I am now overloaded of work, and will be so for a big while...

So I think the best is to give it to anyone who wants to continue it. Or if lamptorn is ok with it, be even used for any other fighting or other type of game.

I thought I had already packed the uvs to get into the uv square, but loaded now in Ultimate Unwrap and saw it is not done. Anyway, the hard uvmapping is done. You only need to scale down each uv group and organize it as you want to make the texture. Any 5 year old child could do it Zoom out as all he model is mapped, though outside the square uv mapping space.

Sorry, I have no way to upload with my 56k connection nor space, probably neither bandwith to upload all martial art ref photo material for anyone to continue this...anyway, all was got through google.
Of course, I use as reference. I then draw looking the ref at a side, just because I don't know well martial arts world. I paint my textures.
And also use for basic micro texture..feel...like the cloth for jeans texture...it gives an overall cloth feeling, to paint over it.

Go to my site, at the top, there's a note with the link to just the OBJ file. It is composed of several materials,(if you keep the *.mtl file in same folder) so if you have Ultimate Unwrap or any 3d package that support material IDs, you'll have it easier to select groups, chunks,parts how you call it. Anyway, all chunks are separated for easier lasso selecting.

Sorry, one can't do always what one wishes..

hope it's of use to someone..

Nazgul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 19:01
if the bandwidth is killed, please those first to download, pass it to the rest, or anyone kind to host it...even better, pack the uv maps first... If know how to it more or less well

Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2004 12:21
Thanks Nazgul, I'll grab this later and take a look. May be worth uploadnig it to Turbosquid?

Cheers.
Nazgul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2004 18:02
hmm...nah, not really. You see, I learnt the hard way sometime ago that selling models -at least with my bad nose for business- is not a way to make money...for me at least.I may be terrible for all what is the business side. Well, indeed, I am.

Also, this model is quickly done, very quickly (is just isolated minutes of boringness, but too little ones...) , badly mapped (and yet need the uvs organizing, quite easy though) , but even so, perfect for use in any game.(whoever: remember you need to use individual bones, several, for the shirt, and animate them for the game.Character Fx is ideal for this. Feel free to edit the model and remove the shirt, if you wish, also)

Just is not of my top level, in anyway, so I wouldn't put in Turbosquid, even if I thought it would give me money

In some months I may come back with much more time to use in any project. I still will check this forums sometimes, they're good and sometimes good info here, non coding related, I mean.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-27 19:15:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-27 19:15:42