Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Tomb Time!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2010 16:35 Edited at: 15th Dec 2010 23:11
Tomb Time!

Developer: Nazareth Entertainment

Story:

The game centers around Robbie "THE RAIDER" Renolds.
Robbie is known around parts to be the best Tomb Raider in Egypt. Robbie has raided many tombs, but since their are very few tombs left in egsistance that he knows of, he finds it hard to get by.

Thats untill Robbie met the primeinister of egypt who gave him a choice:

Go to jail for raiding over a hundred sacrate burial grounds, or Help protect the Omega of tombs.

Robbie agreed and was set to defend the Tombs. His idea of defending was sitting on his ass all day long, reading stephen king, But on his first day of work, he is givving a gun, and an ear piece, and a pat on the shoulder, when he realises that the tomb he's protecting is full of mercernairys trying to find lost treasure.

Game Play:
Arcade stye game, with slap stick humor, fast paced action, Quick Fire objectives, and puzzles. Fight Your way through 5 Levels, Battling mercernairy after mercernairy, in the game that doesent let you breath for more then 2 seconds!

Game progress:

Screen shots are very early screens, with just basic outlay.

Eatly stages of level design, and game core mechanics.

Release date:

2011 Summer Time

Expansions?:

Yes:

1) Tomb Time Gold Rush- Out 2011 christmas Time

2) TBD-TBD

3) TBD-TBD

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Screen 4

Screens Above are no longer in game shots, coz of FR probs we rebuilt the levels from scratch.

Thanks

Tomb Time: Out Soon
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2010 19:31
Looks nice but 3-8 fps, eh??
OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 00:06
Yeah need to watch frame rate. Other than that good luck.

signatures are dumb.....
idk why....
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 12:18
yeah, since then we have come to realise that the game space may be to big, and too full of enteties, which means we have to sacrafice the level design for playability and also balance the two out, thanks for all the comments, and we will have some updated screens soon.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 12:36
There definitely is too much entities. It's just that FPSC can't handle wide open spaces too well. Also try spawning the enemies when the player gets near them. Frame rates drop if there're too many NPC characters "alive" in the level at same time.
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 21:29
Update

The first level that was built was far too laggy so we updated our first level and built it completely new, so those few screen shots you saw are not part of the final game, we have new screen shots available, with new textures and brand new lighting.

bugs

we have the frame rate at a mesely 14 fps, but we have balanced it out by increasing the player speed.

Poly leecks have been fixed and the whole game runs smoothley.

The screens are from the first level, and at the moment we are on the second part of the level. ( to reduce loading time we are seperating them)

[/b]Things done[b]

We have voice over now, on the game and also custom music.

we are in need of HUD's, so if their is any one intrested in helping me out with hud designs, then i would apreciate it.

Screens:

Comments will be aprciated. Thank You

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2010 15:58
I could provide a hud design for this,however since it's aimed as a paid project,I'd require a small fee.If you are interested let me know,if not best of luck anyway.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2010 17:32 Edited at: 14th Dec 2010 17:32
My only comment is: The ingame shots show a framerate as low as 3.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2010 17:04
Quote: "My only comment is: The ingame shots show a framerate as low as 3."

WE Have been working on improving the frame rate and are screens above are ranging between 15 & 25 which is the recomended frame rate.

Update

We have been working on the games music and its all custom made by us. The game has a rock sound track to acompanie the action, making the play alot more ingaging to run with grittyness of the main character and his catchphrases.

A thing we have decided to do is release Tomb Time for free, to just get a taste of series.

The Stand Alone expansions will be comercial.

We will have some new screens shortly, to show the games level design, and also to show our custom huds that are being made by Gencheff.

Thanks

More screens in a couple of hours.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2010 18:17
Quote: "WE Have been working on improving the frame rate and are screens above are ranging between 15 & 25 which is the recomended frame rate."

You mean those screens that DONT show the framerate?

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2010 19:03
Quote: "You mean those screens that DONT show the framerate? "

Yep

Heres A new Screen of the level we are currently working on, we are messing around with diferent shades of light, to bring out more atmosphere. I will upload some more during the progress of the level build today, with frame rates

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2010 02:50
Looks good! You are really improving.

signatures are dumb.....
idk why....
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2010 21:02
thanks alot, just figured out that you need more light veriation to make the game look good

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2010 22:09
Update: New Screens!

Using more lights, getting more atmosphere! We may be issuing a demo of level one in january, to get a taste of the game play.

Screen 1:

screen 2:

Screen 3:

comments are apreciated and encouraged

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a little advice: try darkening the environments to define the light color and the shadowing. Also, I think you should release your test pc's specifications so that you clear yourself from any negative commentary on the framerate. But, if you have a rather up to date pc, then, I would reccomend just keeping your enemy count to 2 visible at a time. Also, concerning hallways.....I really hate hallways alltogether. try to avoid hallways without little side areas with a purpose because It just makes me feel so limited when, in any videogame, I have to walk through a narrow hallway with someone shooting at me and no cover. Buuut, after that barrage of suggestions, I think you'd be looking for something positive. You have a solid game going. It's really great that you and your team are trying new things and accepting criticism. I, personally think that you can replace unnecessary enemies with.......SHADERS. Try to add some bond 1 shaders to those floors, wall, and pillars to add definition instead of muddy flat textures. Now, I've got to go and I wish you good luck on this production!
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 18:51
yeah my pc is rubbish.

here are the specs:

1.86 prossesor

1.00 gig ram

Vista

Laptop hahah

thats why the frame rate is low.

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
So, there's no reason for them to complain. Thanks for clarifying.
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2010 15:59
Hello their.

At the moment Tomb Time Is being put back on the burner for a while, seeing we dont have enough "tomb style" media to put in the game.

We are working on a new title but ima announce it when i feel it is worth anouncing, seeing i have recently baught some horror model packs like viral out break, you can expect to see a decent fps game with more detail.

Tomb Time will be made, when i make some models for the game and give it the life it deserves. )

Thank you for all of your intrest

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 10:29
Quote: "At the moment Tomb Time Is being put back on the burner for a while, seeing we dont have enough "tomb style" media to put in the game."

It's a real pity, how often people start out projects without checking first if the proper media is available.

Or simply loose interest after toying around with screenshots.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:38:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:38:58