Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [9] Outdoors online map

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2010 19:12 Edited at: 18th Dec 2010 09:28
Since the holidays have begun for some of us i thought id just rattle off a quick multi-player level, for me and my friends to play. Then i thought that i may as well put it up here as well. There are still a few things to change and add in but apart from that its an okayish multiplayer level. Inspired by me wanting a decent sniper point where the whole map is visible, and the rest kind of followed on from that.

NAME: Urban Free for All
DEV: Matto225
DESCRIPTION: Basic outdoors mulitplayer map wit ha fair amount of open space featuring a bulding with numerous entry points and two floors and a sniper tower.
USES: Fps Creator X9 and WASP MOD V.2
CREADIT TO: Scene Commander, this uses WASP MOD V.2

From the sniper point

A shot of the outside from the buildings 2nd floor balcony

Inside, part of the 1st floor

And a shot of the tower/ snoper point from the ground

Feedback appreciated, but bear in mind this took half an hour and there is still much to do!
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2010 21:55
nice thread here pal XD

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2010 22:37
@ Matto225

Ignore the comments from the poster above. Some people have little tact when it comes to giving advice or comments, or think they are being funny.

You might want to look at this thread:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171003&b=25

It specifies the requirements to post in WIP. If you can't/don't meet them, your thread may end up getting locked.

- BlackFox

RPG Mod- Create a world full of adventure
Matto225
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2010 08:53 Edited at: 18th Dec 2010 09:27
okay ive got the images up and thanks black fox for sending me that link!
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
This definitely looks like you did it in half an hour

Firstly, there is no lighting used in any of your pictures. Take a look at some of the really good BOTB games around (such as Wolf's Euthanasia or Lewis' Alpha Project; there are many more..) and take some inspiration from them. Play around with light effects and ambience levels to get a nice feeling (especially on the interior parts of your level).

Secondly, I would populate your levels with more entities, and I would make the outer walls around the map at the sniper point higher so the player cannot see out of the level.

Good luck!
Matto225
Years of Service
User Offline
@Terror nation
The level is now looking a lot better. I set the ambience to "0" so its pitch black but put street lights in key places so you can see fairly well, but not all over the place so it looks vaugely realistic and it makes it feel not quite as sparsely populated
As for the walls, i have been meaning to do something about them, but its the kind of thing that slips your mind in about two seconds and you only remember when you see it.
Thanks for the comments!
Matto225

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:22:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:22:42