Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Water level

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How I can change water level in FPSCX10? Default water level is under first floor. I want change that. How I can add some water to 1 room or to lower floors? Pls rewrite. Sorry for my bad english.
FLAME123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2010 22:19
Press the TAB key and it will come up with a bunch of sliders for modifying
bloom
shadows
ambient light
fog
window refraction
sound levels
and water.

Hope this helps

Bob
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2010 22:53
Allow me to offer a bit of my experience in case it proves useful. I had to develop a entire mini-game that was underwater and there are a few tricks.

These may just be issues I have had but I notice a few other people have posted similar problems. So...if it is useful, great. If not, ignore it...

1) The underwater bloom settings cannot be changed (at least in my experience) even though you will think you have changed them. Every time you go back to test your level you will see that the bloom settings have returned to their default.

2) Unless you make changes to the water color while above water, those changes will not be implemented. As such, every time you go underwater, everything will be VERY blue and bloomy.

3) The "fix" to the above problem is to lower the water level to where you are above water. Hit the tab button and bring up the effects panel. Set the underwater color and the water color to black (slide them all the way to the right). Now...bring the water level back to where you want it. Press escape key. Test level again and you will see that the water is now clear!

However, you are now kind of limited to a very clean looking water..and there is no way to achieve a foggy effect or a colored bloom. You can work around this a bit by using blue and blue green lights to color things.

Also...adding in some flickering lights VERY subtly can give a more realistic effect of light coming through the water.

Lastly, adding some very subtle animation to your plants (e.g. a slow sway) can make a huge impact on the overall perception.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 22:13:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 22:13:54