Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / for lee bamber.... ;-)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello

can you list the corrections of patch 3 (bsp please...)?? and when i will be out ???

You say that patch 4 will be faster ... so it will use dx9 ???

thx
Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 18:18
This was posted on DBDN

The bugs fixed so far in Patch 3.1 (15/11/02) are:

GENERAL
-------
* SELECT statement in FUNCTIONS now works correctly
* Proper casting of input parameters of a condition revealed by code 'if a#>a(0)'
* Internal SpeedOverStabilityFlag for the compiler, to allow for 'safe' default DBV1 style code
* Conditional Comparisons that have no comparison symbol now work, even with arrays and variables
* Indirect (*) operations can now take place inside functions as normal
* Compiler now handles Third Party Command string tables that do not use decorated names (Delphi)
* Compiler can now handle the presence of TYPEs within REMSTART/REMEND blocks
* RND command now returns an integer value as it should be
* Improved code for instances where result values casting back to variables are accurate
* Variables within functions that had no defined type would crash a function on exit
* Compiler can now determnine the difference between a float and double float immediate
* Fixed a bug that caused multiple arrays into a READ command to crash, now fixed
* Holding down delete key on an INPUT command caused a huge resource drain and crash, now fixed
* Adjusted SYNC RATE to better reflect a better refresh at this value - added help too
* Can now place comments between the last case and the endselect command
* RESTORE within a function and label data outside of a function now works correctly
* Arrays declaraed with an unknown type would crash the compiler, now reports good error
* Compiler and engine can now handle more advanced TPC DLLs that use core data
* Changed FLOAT to DOUBLE cast again so it retains the extra un-seen information (for accuracy)
* ..and changed the PRINT FLOAT command to display regular float values
* ..and added a new STR$() which now takes a double float value you want the extended float displayed

BASIC3D
-------
* Older cards can sometimes cause a general DirextX error - so more details added
* MAKE OBJECT TRIANGLE no longer crops float values to integers during triangle creation
* DOT command and POINT command fixed use 32bit values, and conversions down to 16bit when required
* DOT X,Y,Col now works like DOT X,Y with the exception of no limit checks for a speed boost
* Objects that are glued and culled no longer disappear when they should be visible again

3D COLLISION
------------
* Updated collision system further for perfect poly-to-sphere check solving low poly collision issues
* SET OBJECT RADIUS now affects bnoundboxes where box collision is used instead of sphere collision

MATRIX
------
* Fixed bug that caused matrix tiles to use first row correctly, the remaining rows reversed

BSP
---
* Changed SET BSP COLLISION HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT so a positive value now means upward adjustment
* Added HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT for Objects and also Quake3 BSP Collision too

IMAGE AND BITMAP
----------------
* LOAD BITMAP now no longer dithers, scales or stretches leaving the image integrity intact

SPRITES
-------
* Mirror and Flip now work with CREATE ANIMATED SPRITE correctly and texture data handling improved
* CREATE ANIMATED SPRITE can now handle images of nonstandard size ie 1024x768 non square texture
* PASTE SPRITE does not work if the sprite has been hiden, now fixed

TEXT
----
* ASCII Characters 128-255 where not supported by the text commands, now fixed
* Text width and height commands and internal use of same function no longer causes huge scrolls

FILE
----
* Files that have been locked by other processes and tried to delete, causes a runtime error

LIMITATIONS OF USE
------------------
* Placed safe code back into the GOTO command, to allow for a minimum screen refresh scan. The compiler now has a flag to deactivate this and will feature as an option in the editor soon
* Added code to check for a negative value in the demo count registry entry so such hacking is discouraged, where upon the CD will be requested.

The 3D pipeline is being completly rewritten which means that the major BSP alterations will probably be done the (patch 5 if I remember correctly but it sounds like it will be well worth the wait)

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
NTekk
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like DBS has been working hard
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 19:33
"Added code to check for a negative value in the demo count registry entry so such hacking is discouraged, where upon the CD will be requested."

Umm... not a lot of point in doing that really, give me two minutes in VB and I'll have a program that automatically resets the count on startup of the editor.

To make life harder, just store a single / double byte (256 / 512 integers so you have plenty of options) somewhere in some data files. Change this byte on each compile and the registry, if the two don't match then request the CD.

what is a signature?
Pheeel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 21:14
They may have been working hard but none of the bugs I reported over three months ago are fixed!
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 21:35
supposidly that stupid rotation bug for free flight rotation (Turn Left Turn Right Pitch up etc....) was fixed. I'm still having problems with it in simple commands!

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 21:37
RND shouldnt return an int value it should be a float, thats what Int( Rnd( 5 ) ) is for =).

Viktor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 02:23
Still no idea if loading part of files to memblock (Means, without the memblock header) will work, or if the Mouseclick of my Aiptek Graphic tablet can be detected (DB 1.x recognized at least the main button).

Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 02:34
Quote: "* Added code to check for a negative value in the demo count registry entry so such hacking is discouraged, where upon the CD will be requested."

ffs! I HATE BEING NAGGED BY SOFTWARE I'VE BOUGHT! i will still hack it anyway!

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Pro
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 02:50
Viktor, think you're graphics tablet should be using DirectInput and the DirectKey controls
So try them out and scan all 128 buttons for the (joystick?) to find out where you're tablet is.
should be handleing ALL of the input from the user, so should be there, but if the tablet is connected to anything bar the Serial|PS/2|USB slots then i wouldn't count on it. DB Std might have detected it by accident as it no doubt uses the same placement as the mouse

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Lee Bamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Patch 4 is not DX9, simply a faster 3D renderer. I think RND should return an integer - make me wrong Any attempt to hack the protection is keenly welcomed, though I suspect it will get boring for you after the tenth patch Still, if you're enjoying yourself, that's the main thing! I suspect it would be quite easy to write some third party commands that directly access the drivers and provide full tablet support. Hmm.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 05:22
lol i guess most of us are just waiting on Patch3 + TPC SDK then

Quick q here... demo ran out this morning so now i'm coding blindly as it were (well no way to test code )
just wondering when you add media to your projects, do you load like from the name say "leebamber.x"
now its in the directory lets say "C:\UselessJunk\Models\"
i can load that into the Media Manager, so now its part of the project ... but do i still have to load it
load object "C:\UselessJunk\Models\leebamber.x",1
or would i
load object "leebamber.x"
??

without being able to compile theres no way for me to find out (kinda teach me to mess about with C++ whilst i'm on a time based trial) ... would be good to know so that in 2-3weeks when pro arrives all i do is simply compile what i've done

also the Cursors/Icons, I'm guessing i have to set them up in the registry just like C++ but not sure what i'm actually linking because if I don't like the Icon it'll just be blank (or crash )

Silly things really, but I kinda like to know so i don't have to move all my media all over the place the Editor simply updates what i've added

... Oh and a quick request towards GuyS - any chance of adding Build/Save number information for the Projects, might seem a little useless but I like to know howmany times I build something - and the routine i have right now is good for building but not saving. It'll help with technical things so i know what engine does what

i mean i layout the versions
Major.Minor.ReleaseBuild.BuildVersion (TotalBuild.Save)

so 1.0.1.1 (0065.0010) would be like Version 1.0 Revision 1 ... Alpha as 1=a, and will show as such in about.
65 would be the total compiles and 10 would be the times i've saved the project.

i know its just really more superficial to most people, but it helps me.

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 06:09
By Demo Count do you mean for the Demo, or for the CD check in the full version? Because if it's for CD check, COME ON!!! I've bought the damn thing, it crashes my comp everytime CD check pops up, so why should I have to deal with it? If it's for the demo, then great

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 06:28
Demo has no information on Registration or Day Count there (i've checked hehee)

well just tried to save my dbpro project, and it doesn't like saving icons - and it won't load them from saving in Ciyanna either
just popsup that it isn't recognised, doesn't matter if its in either Bitmap or Icon form.
Same with Cursors ... loads everything else fine

which is probably a good point Ciyanna now has DBpro support ... figured out howto use the compiler a second ago, just need to setup a few more things better.
Kinda happy cause now i have 4 Language Packs

Viktor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 14:34
@Raven Vegeta: Checked all Joystick control button, no effect! The Pad is connected to serial port+keyboard (power supply), but now I will test all available controls.
@Lee Bamber: Extending control possibilitys is allways nice.
BTW Lee, please check the BOX command execution speed if FlashGet 1.2 (A popular download manager) is running, even minimized and not downloading at this time. It looks like the BOX is then 100 times slower than normal (Tested with around 3000 boxes: Normal exec speed 40 ms, with flashget: 3000 ms). Probaly this is the side effect of my bad karma or jaki .
And pleeeeeaaaassseeeee add a Windows file requester one day.

Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 15:23
What about transparencies on loaded objects? This would be nice to have working again. This going to be a patch 4 thing?

-Kensupen
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 15:34
@rapscallion

The latest version of SafeDisc 2 Cleaner supports DBPro's CD checker.

what is a signature?
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 21:18
Lee: is there a random command that returns a float?

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 23:04
Thanks Thundermonkey, but what is it?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Lee Bamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure, a#=rnd(5) Or if you lile a#=rnd(5)*1.0, or a#=rnd(50)/10.0...ooh lots of ways

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 06:31
how bout a# = rnd(1 - 10) or a = rnd(155-172)
or something like that. It may seem trvial, but it can't be a bad thing...

or maybe, if your feeling real adventurous, something that returns a true/false value, depending on a random number:
Booleen_RND(1,100,1,50) Would generate a random number between 1 and 100, then return a true if the value is between one and 50...

what am I talking about, I must be drunk. It's obviously too late for me to be awake if I am thinking about how to uselessly improve a simple function...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 09:43
rnd(50)+50
Random 50 to 100

Or to make it another way...
min=50
max=100
rnd(min)+(max-min)

-Kensupen
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 23:29
I see you have made int redundant, so you can have:

int = rnd( 5 ) for 0-5
float = rnd( 5 ) for 0.0 to 5.0

=)

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 00:53
Maybe simple I/O commands?
You know what? I think DBS (once they fix DBP up) should make a good world editor for DB/P.
Maybe just a world editor, or maybe an actual BSP editor, because their "convertor" is a very sorry excuse. I guess I can't complain because they don't have to have a BSP convertor, but wouldn't it be great if DB had it's own BSP level maker thing? Like the conitec engine does...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 12:01
I agree, this would make a great add on for which I will gladly get my credit card out for.

It would also remove the problem of licence issues when using editors like worldcraft.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
Didn`t AMOS used to return an int from RND, I always thought an intelligent compiler would use the type of the parameter so RND(5) would return 0 to 5 and RND(5.0) would return 0.0 to 5.0.

Not that I`m fussed, whatever way a language does it is fine with me.

I`m more bothered about commands that don`t work and you can`t work around, like the object rotation problem.

"..... AAAaargh! quick, change the subject, he`s on about it again!"
Nikkoz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 17:05
Hey Fireburst. Now when you posten confidetial material from the Shh-shh network ak.a as the DBDN, are you going to get sued?
Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 23:10
Hmm... I don't think I let any trade secrets out....the important stuff I keep to myself

BHoltzman
Years of Service
User Offline
AMOS had a 3d editor expansion pack that cost $50. It was actually pretty powerful for the machine that it was written for was not all that good at real time 3d. I think the expansion pack also expanded the main AMOS compiler with new 3d commands. So AMOS had some of the top selling points of todays Darkbasic Pro. Pretty amazing forsight if you ask me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 11:37:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 11:37:37