Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / WINNER: The Very Best of the Best 2010!

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 19:08 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 05:10

We've really seen FPSC grow in scope and ability over the course of 2010. Version 1.18 is shaping up to be quite the package, and a few Mods have added much needed abilities and stability to FPSCreator. The entries this year were all excellent, and really showed how much both FPSC and FPSC Developers have come. I'd like to give a big thumbs up and thanks to both the BOTB Developers as well as all of you out there who have supported them throughout the year! Again...without further ado; here is the Winner of the VBOTB: 2010

Alpha Project - Lewis

The following is a breakdown of the results; Judge's Results, followed by the Community Vote.

Judgment

Deprivation: Direct Action - Wolf = 198 pts.

Alpha Project - Lewis = 213 pts.

Virus 2: The Breakout - Mark de Boer (mgarand) = 195 pts.

Euthanasia - Wolf = 213 pts.

As you can see; Alpha Project and Euthanasia tied. Deprivation: DA, though well done and well presented, played like many of the other "run and gun" shooters out there. Virus 2 was similar to many other shooters done with FPSC; however it had some newer elements, such as the compass and the voice-overs...which were very well done. It suffered from lack of Custom items, such as a custom HUD.

An observation I made about Alpha Project was that it is the type of game that more gamers choose to play; which is why (in my opinion) it dominated the Community Vote. It also brought some new elements into FPSC, such as the PDA and Swipe Card System (which has some excellent animation "flare" to it, I might add). Lewis has also gone the extra mile by creating a website that showcases the game (among other things), and continues to develop it...with an eye on a commercial release. It's definitely one you'll want to keep an eye on in the future!

Wolf has to be given credit though; he chose to submit a second title into the BOTB (which I readily accepted), and in doing so he split up his Community Vote. Because a developer cannot combine his scores from multiple BOTB titles, he received a lower score overall. But we all know what Wolf is capable of, and I'm sure he'll be back to wow us (and perhaps take the Title) next year...if his recent threads are any indicator!

All around, every one of the BOTB holders competing this year did an outstanding job; not only in showing what they could do...but also in showcasing how far FSPC has come as an Engine.

Here is a graphic of the Poll (Community Vote) results:

Final Tally

Deprivation: Direct Action - Wolf = 204.4 pts.

Alpha Project - Lewis = 264.1 pts.

Virus 2: The Breakout - Mark de Boer (mgarand) = 218.4 pts.

Euthanasia - Wolf = 232.1 pts.

With a 32 point lead, Alpha Project beats out Euthanasia for the Title of Very Best of the Best: 2010! Yet again, the community vote made all the difference this year!

Thanks again for all who voted, and all those who showed support; and a big thanks to TGC for supplying the generous prize of a $250 Voucher and 4,000 Store points!

With Bond's continuing work on Shaders and the new V.1.18 coming out shortly, as well as all the great media out there and continuing work on Engine Mods (such as Project Blue and RPG Mod), 2011 should be another exciting year for the Best of the Best...as well as the Very Best of the Best: 2011!

See you all next year!

-Keith

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 19:09
aww man, I wanted Virus to win

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 19:09
Congratulations!

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Congratulations to Lewis and to all those that participated!
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 19:27
was a great compo congrats lewis

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 21:23
Wow, I didnt think I'd win! I thought that Wolf or Mgarand would win!

Thanks for the support the fans have given me on voting, I'll make sure not to dissapoint.

It's a shame the VBOTB came at this time as I'll be jetting off to down under for 3 weeks! I'll make sure to get some progress done when I return.

Again, thanks!

The Master Dinasty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2010 22:24
Congratulations Lewis, you really deserved it!

-Massap2

We are the magnificent Masters, builders of pyramids.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 08:27 Edited at: 29th Dec 2010 08:28
Quote: "Thanks for the support the fans have given me on voting, I'll make sure not to dissapoint."

I knew you would win as you're project is the most appealing.
Gave it my voice too. So congrats!

Deprivation Was a random first person shooter made in 8 hours. But I still got 12 votes for it and a score of 198 so I guess its not as bad as I think it is.

Alpha Project Is a great game. Its is technically one of the best thats in development. Its only flaw is that it takes a bit too much from other Horrorshooter titles such as FEAR and Resident Evil but thats just fine. The Demo was okay but the new media shown on youtube and in the WIP Thread are truly making this VBOTB. ...and I still have no Idea how he made these keycards

VirusĀ² Was a damn good FPSC Game...but it was still far too much of an FPSC Game... just my opinion of course! The Voice Acting was beast though

Euthanasia Euthanasia is more a game for horror"cracks" than for regular players. It surely was something new and technically impressing in the FPSC Genre but it also had an overall negativ/depressing mood that most players dont really like. Some even stopped playing it because it was "too dark". That, the poor voice acting, and the bugs on some systems (invisible enemies) must have drawn it down.I wasn't expecting it to win even though I'm a bit disappointed that the community really didn't like it that much, but thats normal I guess

Can I have Pancakes for AVBOTB (Almost Very Best of the Best) now?

Quote: "Wolf has to be given credit though; he chose to submit a second title into the BOTB (which I readily accepted), and in doing so he split up his Community Vote. Because a developer cannot combine his scores from multiple BOTB titles, he received a lower score overall. But we all know what Wolf is capable of, and I'm sure he'll be back to wow us (and perhaps take the Title) next year...if his recent threads are any indicator!"

Hey thank you I do what I can

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 11:03
Wolf you made also 2 damm good games, and you were very brave entering with 2 games. Ah! cmon here is a to celebrate the avbotb

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 16:57
A well earned win among a tough competion! Congratulations to all 3 game developers

And yes, the quality and originality is rising each year. I am allready curious what 2011 will bring up

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2010 23:11
Wow! VBOTB was here already? Damn, i missed it

Anyways, Congrats to Lewis and Alpha Project... It was a tie for me between that and Euthanasia

Congrats,
Anayar

For KeithC
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 04:08
Your new Badge looks good on you, Lewis.

-Keith

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 04:37
Congratulations to Lewis, and a great job to Wolf and Mgarand as well. All three of you have done an excellent job, and are a great inspiration to other developers.

- BlackFox

RPG Mod- Create a world full of adventure
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2010 16:08
Hey KetihC, why don't you change the Alpha Project Demo title to [vBOTB]? I'm also missing the [BOTB] tag on Euthanasia

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2010 16:55 Edited at: 31st Dec 2010 16:58
Good Call. Also added the year to each VBOTB.

-Keith

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks like a fun competition..
If ZER0 Day Virus is good enough by 2011 I'm going to pit myself against the rest of the FPSC heavyweights for the VBOTB '11
Hyperion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 04:18
Been quite some time since I posted here, many months. Checked out the winner, It is a great game and deserved the award. Props to Lewis

It's been awhile. Add me on XBL at DylanConleyxM
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 16:03 Edited at: 5th May 2011 16:04
VBOTB... a great title. Just wondering is there a contest to become a BOTB or a valued member? I was just wondering how this works. If so I'm definatley joining in for the next one! I'm calling it, this year there will be a new BOTB (or at least I sure hope so).

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 16:22
Quote: "is there a contest to become a BOTB "

No. You just have to make a game that stands out among the rest, and then fire off an email to KeithC (if he's still the one taking care of the BOTB), and then he makes the decision as to whether or not your game is BOTB worthy. At the end of the year, all games that receive a BOTB badge for that year are judged, and then one on of them is named the VBOTB for that year.

Quote: "or a valued member? "

No, not a contest. Becoming a valued member depends on your overall forum conduct, attitude towards others, and so on. Just be helpful when you can, don't troll, and you'll be on the right path

Kravenwolf

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 06:23
@Kravenwolf
Why is it that some people like Plyster, Anyar, Henry, Flatlander, ect... aren't valued members? They have made many contributions.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 17:11
Some people haven't come down the pipe yet to be given that status. Some people (though generous to the community) also do not act in a manner (on the Forums) that is fitting for that status.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:59:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:59:39