Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Disclaimer:
My son made this game today and wanted to share it with everyone. He's 8 so don't expect alot guys and please be nice he is 8.

Storyline (In his words):
I wanted to make the cops because i was the bad guy. An they were they were trying to kill me. Because Im the bad guy. The skeletons is because my helpers killed them but they came back to life.

Overview:
Evan did all the map design and chars setup his self. I just clcked the build buttion. He also will be answering questions about his game in UOK Games Team Speak. www.uokgames.com should have the TS information if you would like to speak to the creator. Again he is 8 and I will be listening in. So please if you wish to speak to him, watch your lang and be nice. He will be on TS all day today until about 10 pm when his mom picks him up.

Download:
www.uokgames.com/downloads/Evans-Game.rar
Fyfer08
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 22:21
Looks pretty good man keep it up good early start into game making

Ally
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
im just craking up right now. He just told jacob in his game u take the chain saw and cut the bad guys gead off lol
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 22:32
he is 8 and he chops peoples head off

Looks not bad, i understand he is 8, but it's good to get some constuctive comments

- The game itself is a little bit empty, maybe add some more props like boxes/barrels/wood etc. That will make it looks much better

- the texture isnt tiled, there are allot of free tiled textures around the forum

good luck

-mgarand

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
(His words
Theres is lots of hiding spots. There just is alots of hiding spots

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Sorry hes a little distracted, I bough him some of those backagon things. Might be better to talk to him and explain it to him on TS. I dont think he fully understands though how it all works. He read the guide and that was pretty much it. He read it and asked if he could make a game too. An this was the result. I also starting to think hes a bit shy about the game. When I asked him if he wanted to share it with his friends. He replied no one has a computer.

Anyway feel free to talk to him TS. Im sure it would benifit his building skills much better. Reading outloud the reponses is not clicking I dont think. When I told him your response, he first said whats a prop lol then replied about the hiding spots, which Im sure makes sense to him but im clueless to what he ment.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 23:16 Edited at: 1st Jan 2011 23:16
@old_School

The game looks good, but I would be concerned letting strangers speak directly with your son. I understand your want to get feedback, but I would advise against using Team Speak for an 8 year old. Also you shouldn't really be writting on a very public forum information about your son, like name and age.

DC

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 23:22
I agree to Death Cow...this is the internet...it doesn't get any deeper or darker.

Nice of you to let your son design his own games though

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 23:29 Edited at: 1st Jan 2011 23:31
Internet is a great place for children supervised. Other wise it does become a dark place. I feel its important to introduce them to the computer and the net at a young age because it will be something they will use everyday as adults. An he currently uses the net supervised for homework etc. As for the fear of Team Speak. Im the admin on server. If at any point I felt like he was in danger, I would just simply pull the plug or kick the user causeing a issue.

As for displaying info, not much you can do with that. I mean unless your a pedafile. Even then you don't know where we live. But if they did find out some mircle, I was in the Marine Corp. Pretty sure I can handle protecting my son from a sicko. An me and my son have allready had a long talk about the internet etc. He knows what he is allowed to say and not say.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 23:44
@old_School

I was only trying to give advise, but it is up to you at the end of the day how you handle this.

In terms of the displaying information about those under 18, maybe you should check the AUP: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=aup#forum

DC

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 00:01 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2011 02:10
I just read through the entire list. Nothing aginst minors in there. If their were, it would to them as well. Anyway I have to go learn how to play backagons or what ever that game is,. Thanks for being good sports and letting him share his creation.

EDIT::::::::

Thank you TGC and the community Evan is extremely estatic about being able to make a game by his self. He had to call his grandmother to tell her and share the story. An thanks to the dev's who came to TS to talk to evan and share stories about his game. He had a great time. Thanks again.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 03:23
Moved to W.I.P. section.

Good to see such a young game developer on the Boards! I'm sure if he keeps at it, he might be BOTB material someday.

Tell him to try upping his texture resolution in the "Build Game" settings.

-Keith

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like old Dads going to have to upgrade my Pc for him. I dont think 2gigs is going to cut it for him. He orginaly wanted massive sized levels.
Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 10:47 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2011 10:48
2gigs of ram is everything FPSC can use anyway...

Also,I know this is private information but I'm just a little confused about your age.You have a son,yet you need you're father to buy a new computer .
I'm really sorry if that came out wrong but it just confuses me (maybe because I'm not used to that kind of stuff in my country)

Contact me in Skype,name- nejcplan
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 11:24
Quote: "you need you're father to buy a new computer"

I think he was refering to himself.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 11:31
I think it'd look ok, if the texture quality was atleast a little higher... those walls just look so blurry... And then it lacks lighting. There's many lighting tutorials on the forums, the most helpful for me was CoZ's tutorial, but I bet there's alot more of them. The architecture looks good, but it definetly needs more entities in there.

Fyfer08
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 12:58
Haha Really funny game i love the bit when you get to cut the guys head off haha

Ally
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 13:36 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2011 13:36
Your 8 year old son creates a game where he cuts the head off a psycho with a chainsaw?

And the game itself looks better than your own ones?

Somethings very wrong here.

Btw: Maybe its me, whos a little too much "old school" but I wouldn't let kids even near the horror stuff before at least 12. Even the last 2 Harry Potters where to scary for most of that age.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 13:47
agree with storyteller, i also dont understand this

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 14:09
Im also with storyteller.
This is has a higher quality than your own.
Your son should be proud of his work. Encourage him for more
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 16:39
guys, don't tell him how to parent. I'm sure I'd have loved an earlier start to game design, no matter what the genre. It doesn't matter what kind of game he made, as long as he made it.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree i think my son did a better job then me. But I hope he does not follow my footsteps. Im hoping he goes further. Im hoping he will be a scientist or something. He's really into how things work and making things with his hands. My sons crazy smart. Not tuting my own horn on this but he's straight A student, loves to read and really loves making stuff.

As for the horror. Honestly at first I did not like it about a year ago when I picked him up from his moms playing PS3 GTA. Yeah I said GTA. But Id rather him do this then play that game. Plus he really has no creative outlets except when he gets to come to my house. So I try to do thins with him that he enjoys.

I'm hoping he learns enough about eletronics that he gets bord with it soon and trys something new. He wants to do something with construction when he grows up. But he also likes "Army" games as he calls them. My biggest fear is that he enlist in the military like I did. Yes I love the Marine Corp. but I want him to have a better future. He's not old enough yet for ole dad to explain why the military is not a good career for him.

Anyway, yes Im very proud of him. Next time he comes over. We will work on this and display the results again.
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 20:53
Quote: " he's straight A student"

He's 8...When he gets to Uni then we can talk .

Quote: "My biggest fear is that he enlist in the military like I did"

Atleast he has a choice and you can stop him.In my country it was mandatory and I didn't have a choice.It was either me stuck in a russian jeep in the mountains (winter,which was the main problem) with an AK-47, a Radio and a ton of other equipment,or jail time,and then same routine...I'm sure he'll snap out of it when he gets older though

/End off-topic

PC Specs:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit,Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.20GHz,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480,12GB RAM,2x Western Digital 997GB HDD
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2011 00:52
Для матери России!!

Comrade, one for you, and one for me

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:28:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:28:30