Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / How to make a good-looking Main Menu????????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do i make a good-looking main menu for my games?
Morten Torndahl Pedersen
Years of Service
User Offline
OK OK OK. JUST... HOW DO I MAKE A MAIN MENU FOR MY GAMES???

PLEASE HELP ME.

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 23:49
There's any number of ways to make a main menu. You can use sprites, 3d objects, or standard text and graphics commands. You'll need some way of representing the options, and some way to select them, usually using the mouse. This means you'll need a way of detecting which item in the menu has been clicked. To make the menu more complex, use sub-menus which you implement by drawing up new menus based on a variable set by the clicking action in the parent menu. Then you'll need some code to read the values returned from the menu clicks and decide what needs to be done - starting the game, or going to an options screen etc. To make the menus look good, try to think of a way to represent the menu items that hasn't been done before, or at least isn't a straight list. Then add various nice effects.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:15:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:15:54