Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Multiplayer players?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2002 23:55
How the heck do I figure out what each player is on each client server?!! You'd think they would have a command for it! I do not want to use Default Net Game cuz I don't have enough control over it. And According to the parameters, Join Net Game doesn't return any values!!! Net Player Created only seems to return to the Host and when I send it to the player it always sends a 0! It should not be this hard!
1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day
Lee Bamber
Years of Service
User Offline
We have a 'multiplayer tutorial' being slowly brewed as I write this that helps greatly in the creation of MP games. Don't forget you can use the CHECKLIST feature of the multiplayer commands to get a quick glance at who is in the net session

I intend that the MP tutorial will be part of the Patch 3 official release at the end of November if all goes to plan.

The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 07:30
ah! thank you wise guru... It worked!!! yet another problem arises. I built a simple chat program to test this. It's peer to peer running IPX. If i send a memblock and a string, the memblock usually overwrites the string no matter what order or how close in code they are. If you have any ideas, help would be appriciated, but the above was good enough to get me out of a 'pickle.'

Thank you!!!

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:15:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:15:14