Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Story Markers and Image files?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 20:36
Greetings,

I've had no luck triggering image files from story markers. I'm only able to use .avi files that are 24fps and encoded using one of microsoft's encoders - this I only figured out after a lot of trial and error.

Anyhow, I am wasting a lot resource creating movie files that are really just still images. Does anyone know the secret? I've tried every format of image. I've tried adding and removing an alpha channel. Nothing works so far. However, the manual states that bmps can be triggered from a story marker.

Thanks!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 01:43
Only .avi files can be used in X10, unfortunately.

I reject your stereotype of Wisconsin and, in fact, live in a city.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2011 20:26
Thank you, le shorte. I wish I had asked this a month ago.

Anyhoo, this should be corrected in the x10 manual by whoever does such things. It currently states that .avi and .bmp can be triggered from story markers.

Custom HUD scripts are the obvious work around but...when you think it's supposed to just work with story markers...you end up wasting a lot of time.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2011 22:27
I'd definitely add this feature if the x10 code wasn't so...confusing. It gives really vague descriptions of what section you're looking at when you open the source

I reject your stereotype of Wisconsin and, in fact, live in a city.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 15:33
Yeah, it would definitely be a nice feature. The way I am currently handling it, i have to have a custom script for every single image I am loading. Combine this with the fact that I have to complete 25 mini games in the next 12 months....and that is a LOT of single-use .fpi scripts.

There is probably a more efficient way to script it but I'm unaware of any other way.

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers,
Darin

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:47:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:47:33