Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [STICKY] Complete Script Syntax List

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 07:02 Edited at: 15th Dec 2012 23:53
Hello fellow scripters.

In order to help myself understand scripting and what was possible in FPSC I started creating a list of all the conditions and actions within Stock FPSC x9 v120 as well as what the correct syntax is for each command, the limits of its parameters and an example of how its used.

I've attached the latest copy of the list and any comments on how it can be improved would be appreciated.

It's not intended to teach you how to script, the commnity guide does that perfectly well. This is simply a reference document for all the script commands.

Enjoy.

Revision List
[14.06.2011] Hyper-linked version of iss2.0 now available.
[10.10.2011] Issue 3.0 (complete with gunspec and flakspec commands) now available.
[20.04.2012] Issue 4.0 including all v119 commands now available via media fire here.
[15.12.2012] Issue 5.1 including all v120 commands now available via media fire here.

For the next issue will be for v121, hopefully, with separate docs for gun/flak specs and fpe/fps files this time. I know I promised these for iss5.0, but I just haven't completed them yet!

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 08:15 Edited at: 28th Jan 2011 08:19
Wow! thanks for this guide man pretty helpful I definitely like the examples and I appreciated the effort you put into this thanks again!
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 09:27
this should be helpful for a lot of people.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 11:50 Edited at: 28th Jan 2011 11:53
Very usefull, especially since the community guide gets outdated very fast with the actions/conditions

However, it needs a little cleanup. Lots of Actions have the Conditions standard description, like the whole 3.4.2 parapraph:

Thanks for the hard work you did allready put into this!

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 11:55 Edited at: 31st Jan 2011 09:16
I totally agree that the document is far far far from finished. The majority of this version simply has place holder text that doesn't have anything to do with the actual script command.

I posted this version to gauge reaction and to collect any suggestions before I configure the first issue.

I plan to update it regularly with x9 updates, but this will depend on how busy I get

[url="http://raptr.com/No_Turn_Right?src=em_forum"][/url]
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 16:48
Thanks Ched80

FPI EditPad has a lot of desriptions in it also. Great tool for scripting. Action and condition list updated to 118.4

Nothing but coffee in my veins 'Insomnia is Coming'
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 21:08
Thanks Ched, really stirling effort you've put into this. Here's an answer to one of your green questions:

shapedecal: Changes the decal mode to X for the entity

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 22:46
@Pirate Myke
Cheers, I've got the latest FPI Edit Pad (what self-respecting FPSC scripter would be without it?), but I noticed a lot of the descriptions were missing so that kind of inspired me to put this together.

@Nickydude
Cheers, but what does X actually do? What are the limits? I need to test these features out so i understand what they do - there's a limit to what i can translate from the source.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 23:39
Sorry ched, that's all I know about it.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 23:53
Epic!

Thanks a lot!

Should be added to the community guide

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 15:40
It's such an excellent guide in it's own right I think it should accompany the Community Guide, not be part of it.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 17:46
I agree - I think it's too big to be added to the guide, but I'm more than happy for the CSL to accompany it.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 18:59 Edited at: 1st Feb 2011 19:03
It might be worth contacting Lee himself to get the stuff you're not sure of, I did for my guide, just don't hit him all at once with a load of questions! lol!

Also, it might be an idea to make the contents page clickable like I have done with the Community Guides so you can go straight to the part you want. I can do that for you if you can't, I'll need the Word document though.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 15:03
Here's another description (taken from this thread: ):

plrfacing: It's a horizontal axis angle range (valid values 1-180).

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 23:01
@NickyDude,
I will take you up on that offer when I'm ready to issue it properly

Cheers for the pointer about lee. I will ask him, but after I've completed my test phase. I'm planning on three phases for the doc:
Phase 1 just looks at the source code and puts down the questions,
Phase 2 tests the various commands and finds their limits, hopefully removing a lot of the questions.
Phase 3: ask lee.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2011 09:58
Just finished phase 1 of the guide.

Gone through the source code and added all conditions and actions and defined the correct syntax for all of them.

Phase 2 will now test some of the commands to further define parameter limits.

Updated doc is in the first post.

As before - any feedback/help is appreciated.

TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Very useful!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 23:29
Ched80,

This is truly a great and badly needed resource. Thanks so much for taking the time.
"Necessity is the mother of invention"... unknown.

If it were click-able, like from the action/condition list back to the description.... I think I would wet myself.

... and the band played on.
chorelan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2011 02:05
cool ched, thanks, this will come in handy for me (still in the n00b phase)

bhawkgames.blogspot.org
merlin for real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 01:16
Fanfriggintastic! This is a very useful tool for me.
thank you

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 22:37 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2011 22:38
activated=x

x is an integer value and therefore the max is the largest number for an integer value. I don't think anybody will reach the max.

anyfurther=x

Although this is also an integer value, it would not make sense to make it so that it is larger than the map size.

quantity=x

I believe it might be the quantity of ammo for a character's weapon before he has to reload. That's my best guess looking at the source code. Again it is an integer value so I doubt it would make a difference to max. Although, I don't think it would not be very high to begin with. I have not tested this to make sure my assumption is correct, however.

Random=x

Again it is an integer. Of course, if you use the max an integer value can have, the likely-hood of it returning true is almost nil.

state

Again an integer value. There are only 350 lines available in a script so no reason to go more than that if it's one line per state.

------------------------------------------

Most all of the values are integer values. So max will probably never be a problem.

Terry
Reptile00
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 02:09
hey can someone help me with this?i dont know how to raise objects like raise them up to make them higher so i could make a second floor to my levels. and i would like to know how.please email me at disturbedtheanimal@yahoo.com ty.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 07:49
Thanks Flatlander, I'd figured out some of those from testing, but the into on the quantity condition ws news to me - I'll do some extra tests.

@Reptile00: This isn't the correct thread for your question. This board concerns questions about my "Complete Script Syntax List". Nevertheless; creating a second floor is achieved by placing objects on the current active layer in the level editor. The active layer is selected by using the '+' and '-' keys. You can also adjust the height position of your objects by using the 'page up' and 'page down' keys.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 08:05
Of course you still had the max highlighted so I wasn't sure. And I don't know how to even use quantity. I would imagine it is used within the character entity's main ai. I suppose one could set the quantity to 1 and see if it reloads after a single shot. Might be useful if the character has machine gun of some sort. Would give a better chance to watch if he reloads. If he doesn't then either I'm all wet or it doesn't work how I thought it would.

Terry
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 11:49
Good point - i should upload another draft as i've made quite a bit of progress since Feb. I'll tidy it up and post a new version this afternoon.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 18:51 Edited at: 4th Apr 2011 18:52
I apologize for misguiding anyone, but as for quantity my first assumption was wrong. I wasn't paying attention. This is not an action it is a condition.

Considering it a condition I tested this out by first setting this script line:

:quantity=1:destroy and placing it in the shoot ai.

The character was destroyed immediately.

So, I changed the quantity to 2. I was assuming that the entity would be destroyed when it got to ammo quantity of "2". Didn't happen. Never was destroyed.

The inconsistency makes this perplexing and leaves me with the conclusion, "I don't know what is going on with this."

Terry
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 18:59
Don't worry; I've decided to hold back on the update until after the Remake competition - the deadline is 14th April so i'm going to focus on my entry before coming back and finishing the CS²T.

Also i hadn't progressed the doc quite as far as i'd hoped.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2011 04:49
Best to you in the competition. You need to focus on it.

Terry
Michael Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2011 13:02
This could be great because I am thinking of making a program that lists commands and explains what they do, so if you are stuck in a script - you know what you want to do but dont know the command (say you want to move the player forward), you would go Actions>Player>Movement>Stock>X (I cannot remember the exact command), which would be useful also for people who dont know much about scripting.) It would also include an editor and descriptions of what each command does, and how to use it. Actions and conditions can be added by using a MOD Expansion Pack (or MODEP), which pretty much contains an up-to-date (where possible) pack of conditions and actions. You can install as many MOD Expansion Packs as you like, and they are all sorted into which mod they belong to.

A mod has been erased by this sig because it is too large
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2011 11:01
Just a quick post to mention that I've uploaded a new draft of the doc since I've had a few requests to do so. I'm planning to release the final version to coincide with the final version of v118.

@Michael Tompson - good look with your program, if you would like the word version of my doc to help you, let me know.

tokyomage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2011 18:56
thanks ched, really usefull.

You deserve a with some !

-Tokyomage

.....the feel of solitude hurts inside....
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2011 19:32
After using this once again, I just wanted to reiterate how useful this is and I really appreciate all the work you put put into it.

Now update it again.

If you ever get around to making the table of contents link to the page it will be epic!

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 23:35 Edited at: 1st Jun 2011 23:41
UBERLY AWESOME!
Just glanced in so far, but it looks great.
I am looking forward to your updated versions.

Thanks Ched80

Quote: "If you ever get around to making the table of contents link to the page it will be epic!"

Agreed

Quote: "You deserve a "

Yeah, and I'll go drink one for you too just in case you aren't old enough.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 18:01
@Xplosys and CE,

I'm working on getting a linkable version, which I'll post as soon as I've sorted it out.

Issue 2.0 covering all of v118 is now released - non-linkable at the moment.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 18:35
Quote: "I'm working on getting a linkable version, which I'll post as soon as I've sorted it out."

Woo Hoo!!!

Thanks for this, even without the linking it's a super resource.

Brian.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 15:16 Edited at: 11th Jun 2011 15:28
Can I make a suggestion?

Some of the examples may be a little unclear to new users because the example doesn't work by itself and does not tell you what else it needs.
For instance...

HUDUSERVAR=VarName
Description: This uses a declared global variable as a numerical HUD

Example: :state=1:huduservar=KillCount

A better way might be to include a working state and then bold the part being explained, like...

HUDUSERVAR=VarName
Description: This uses a declared global variable as a numerical HUD

Example:
:state=0:hudreset,hudx=70,hudy=8,hudsizex=16,hudsizey=16,hudimage=gamecore\huds\numeric1.tga,hudtype=6,
huduservar=uservariablename,hudmake=numeric

Just a suggestion.
What do you guys think?

Also, I have been told that mousestate=2 works, but I did not see that description in the guide, only =0 and =1, so maybe that can be added too.
I'll save more nitpicking for later.
I am really loving this, because it is helping me get a handle on all of these new conditions/actions, which are so important to know as a scripter.
THANKS AGAIN CHED80!!!

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 21:14
CE, this is a sound suggestion. I'll go through all the examples and update them for the next version.

Concerning mousestate, there are actually 16 possibile settings 0-15. 0=no button, 1=left button, 2=right, 4=middle, 8=forth button and the other numbers are combinations of buttons, I thought I had added this, but it seems I uploaded a slightly older version.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2011 04:47 Edited at: 12th Jun 2011 15:04
Quote: "Concerning mousestate, there are actually 16 possibile settings 0-15. 0=no button, 1=left button, 2=right, 4=middle, 8=forth button and the other numbers are combinations of buttons, I thought I had added this, but it seems I uploaded a slightly older version."

Oh, binarylicious.
I'll have fun with that one then.
Thanks

EDIT
I have a question... is the WEBLINK action functional yet, or is it planned? (3.16.2.9 page 92)
I tried using it but nothing happened.
This would be great for passing variables to a server sided script for creating leaderboards.

Also,
There is a typo in the description for it...This opens the wedsite...

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 10:11
Just a bump to say iss2.0 is now available as a hyper-linked pdf file.

Cheers for the tyto spot CE - the weblink action should be functional as the correct code is in the source - I've spotted that you need to include "hppt:" at the start of the address or it will not work.

I'll update the action with the typpo and additional info for iss3.0.

Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 07:57
Hello Ched80,

First of all, congratulations on this outstanding research work about scripting. Actually great!

It's great also to see people in this community by putting personal effort to produce quality documentation for both beginners and non beginners (seasoned ones) in FPSC game engine. Very useful for all of us.

I did not know that camshake has been enabled in the official version of the FPSC, an effect of camera very useful in scenes with explosions or heavy things moving around. Very nice!

Thank you so much for this great release about scripting.

All the best

Northern
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2011 21:16 Edited at: 20th Jun 2011 16:21
Here is something that should be changed:

In every spot where you have a filepath the '\' is backwards. In the pdf it would be like this:

audiobank/x/x

when it should be like this:

audiobank\x\x

Great work by the way.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 13:21
Great spot Beastmode - This will be fixed in iss3.0.

Just an update, I'm about 50% of the way through iss3.0, but I'm getting married next week so iss3.0 won't be out until I come back in mid-July.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2011 14:20
Quote: "but I'm getting married next week so "

Congratulations.
Have a good time on your honeymoon.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2011 17:44
Cheers CE

spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Have a good day on your wedding day, just don't forget to leave the brides mades behind when going to honey moon,
and don't drink to much and get brewers droop

Just kidding, Catcha when you get back, take care

I'am not GOD but i can make you see again by taking my fingers out of your eyes and i can make you walk again by taking your beer away, So its nice to give!
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 20th Aug 2011 23:14
@Ched80: I was wondering when you think you would be done with issue 3.0 . I LOVE this manual; it is incredible, and I have been looking forward to 3.0 . Will it be available soon?

Thanks for your work,
Captain Coder

One of the most humbling days in your life will be the day you discover you AREN'T the best at what you love to do.
- Me
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 12:34
@Captain Coder, thanks for your kind words. iss3.0 has been ready for a few weeks, but there are a number of gunspec commands I haven't defined in enough detail and I really want to sort them out before I upload the new issue. Should be ready in a few weeks.

Ak5shays
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 15:14
Thanks man
You're a life saver. I was Searching for something like this for a while now

-Ak5shays

Heaven Does Not Want Me; Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 06:48
Thanks a bunch man!

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 23:24
Jump a bump to say iss3.0 is finally ready. All gun and flak spec command are now included.

I'm beginning to think I should split the doc up into separate lists, so you would have a scripts doc, a gun & flak doc, etc.

What do people think?

For the next version I am going to include all the segment (fps) commands - hence thoughts about splitting the doc up - although this next phase is unlikely to be completed this year.

Enjoy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:21:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:21:07