Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 20:29 Edited at: 6th Feb 2011 20:28
Darkline

Developer: Dark Frager

Story.

You play as John Russell. A man stronger than any other human. He chose to be in the army. He was put in squad one for his skills. However, his first assignment was not what he expected, he was promised a simple mission with a whole group of men to infiltrate a small base, Lies. When he finish his first assignment... He starts to realize that the truth is far from reality. He has to kill his own men to survive, he allies with the secret Russian force "Dark Plague" hoping to escape the nightmares of the U.S. Worst of all, the Dark Plague was not authorized by the Russian Government and is now being tracked down, your job is to get to the USA and convince the government that what you and the Dark Plague are doing is right and what the U.S and Russian Forces are doing is wrong.

Progress:

Finished
Working on
Not started

Story

Game Menus

The actual game

More to come!

Screenies:

If you can see the enemy, they can see you.

Darkline - Coming 2011
cmando
Years of Service
User Offline
I like it
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 02:13
good atmosphere, but the maps could use a bit more environtment (e.g. background entities). that or just add a bit of grunge the the textures or add grunge overlays, but i definitly like where this is going.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the concept of this game but the model too pixel try to open your setup ini,find ligtmapquality and change it into 50 so you will see the shadow on your game but it only work with static entity and static light.This game has a good pontential if you work hard.As you can see design its not easy,you need practice everyday so your game will become awsome.Maybe you can have a tip with someone professional like Wolf,Bugsy,Starmind,Me and many more but I recommend Wolf because he learning design about five years or Starmind as I see her design was great too.

Have A Good Day

From
Leon

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 10:30
Thanks for the tips people. Very appreciated.

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 12:03
I have taken all suggestions and remade the second picture into this:

How do you like it? Is it better now?

cmando
Years of Service
User Offline
I cannot see a difference. There still needs to be more entities imo
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 16:13
I've updated the first post so it has the updated screenie. THIS is the old one:

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 16:20
Quote: "I cannot see a difference."

Oh god...

His last post with the new screen: Posted: 29th Jan 2011 13:03
His main post last updated : Edited: 29th Jan 2011 13:05

Now what does that tell you...

/End of that/

About your screenshots,I'm going to be completely honest , and with a chance of sounding like a complete arse,the atmosphere does not grab me at all.

The shadows from the overlays are really bad (which is not your fault,but making them dynamic might be better)

You could add some grafitti on the walls just for colour (or some signs)

You also might want to use shaders here and there,it really helps the overall look.

The story could use some depth,make the player actually get into the character's shoes.

One thing I found funny :
Quote: "he allies with the secret Russian force "Dark Plague" hoping to escape the nightmares of the U.S."

From one nightmare to another,if you understand what I mean.

Hope you don't take this as hate,but a gamer and developer's perspective.

PC Specs:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit,Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.20GHz,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480,12GB RAM,2x Western Digital 997GB HDD
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 16:31
Thanks for that Gencheff. I will try to make some things better using your advice.

cmando
Years of Service
User Offline
Gencheff, im on an ipod touch at the moment so i didnt see that.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 18:07 Edited at: 14th Feb 2011 18:11
Here is a small update guys, this is for the second level....

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Intel Core i5 2.27ghz, nVIDIA GTX 260M 1GB, 4GB DDR3 RAM, DirectX 11
Darkline - Coming 2011
3Bit
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the new pics, though the first one seems to feel empty, unless if that was your intention, even then should have some entities added. Second picture however is pretty good I like the entity placement I would just say lower the glow a bit.

3Bit
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 19:12
Quote: "I like the new pics, though the first one seems to feel empty, unless if that was your intention, even then should have some entities added. Second picture however is pretty good I like the entity placement I would just say lower the glow a bit."

Thanks for the suggestions and comments.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Intel Core i5 2.27ghz, nVIDIA GTX 260M 1GB, 4GB DDR3 RAM, DirectX 11
Darkline - Coming 2011
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 22:05
umm is there a logical reason how the cars got in the building, or are they just magically teleported in? And i would add some tires and car tools/equipment around the cars

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 22:14 Edited at: 14th Feb 2011 22:15
Quote: "umm is there a logical reason how the cars got in the building, or are they just magically teleported in?"

If you look closely there is a shutter door in front of the cars.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Darkline - Coming 2011

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:14:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:14:52