Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Set sound volume does not work if used immediately after loading sound

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 11:13 Edited at: 5th Feb 2011 18:49
This is a problem I had ages ago, and switched to another sound plugin to get around it. After IanM said he wasn't aware of any sound bugs I thought I would go back and try native DBPro commands again. I am still getting this problem:

I have tried on 3 different machines, 2 with SB Audigy sound cards, one with built in Realtek audio. All on XP Pro SP3.

Also, it seems if the volume is set immediately after loading then any subsequent volume commands trying to set the same volume will not work. Setting a new volume value does work.

Hopefully someone can confirm it.

Edit: Just to clarify: Bug only seems to affect Windows XP. Vista & Win7 appear ok.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 12:58
Quote: "Hopefully someone can confirm it."

I can't.

Your first snippet works fine with or without the wait 1000 command.

Your second snippet seems to work perfectly too. In fact I can't work out from your post what you think happens in the second case.

I'm using Vista 64bit with DBPro U7.7.
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 13:20 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 13:59
Quote: "Your second snippet seems to work perfectly too. In fact I can't work out from your post what you think happens in the second case"

In the second case on my machine: the sound plays at full volume even when it' set to 80%. (which is actually very quiet) Then after waiting it's set to 80% again but still plays full volume. After another wait it's set to 79% and plays at the correct volume.

I will try on a Win7 64bit as soon as the OH gets off it.

edit: Works fine on Win7 x64. So if someone who has XP could please confirm it that would be great
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 17:54 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 18:23
Quote: "So if someone who has XP could please confirm it that would be great"

I'll test it on my XP laptop and report back.

Edit Confirmed.

The symptoms are exactly as you describe on my XP 32bit laptop.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:07:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:07:46