Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Warhammer inks !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 03:12 Edited at: 10th Oct 2003 03:13
I was given a bag load of Warhammer dudes today, along with a couple of books and a box of paints Damn ! some of them are small

Anyways ...... I've decided to sketch some up and ink em in so people can DL and colour. I'll be making a page for them on my website later just as soon as I've sketched up a few more to fill it.

I'll be adding some colour of my own too ( at some stage )

Here's the first one ( Space Marine commander ) ....... feel free to use it to help improve ya painting skills and post any finished works up

WarHunterX
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like a little person Nice detail though
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 04:31
dude thats not warhammer but warhammer40k its the futuristic version of the fantasy setup.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 13:10
Yup !! I'm starting to find that out There's 100's of different types

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 16:29
when you talk about marine there is only the blood angels ... all others are just pretenders

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
@Raven that is well coloured but really blurry, it completely messes with my eyes!

Pincho.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 16:50
Not bad

Looks like you rushed it a little though. If you spent a little more time with it then maybe it wouldn't look so blury.

There's a bit too much "smudge" going on.

I'm inking another one as we speak ....... after I've made a few more then maybe I'll make a colouring tut to go with them

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 17:24
look at it for a little while, you'll understand why it appears blury at first

not happy with the head at all, and the sword didn't get much effort cause i got bored. The scrolls on the right hand side under the crusifon just weren't done and really should get to it ... i'm also not happy at all with the boltgun metal, just doesn't look right.

perhaps if i spent a bit more time on it i would've simply used the original picture as a template and reink within photoshop. The thick lines didn't leave much for detail, did my best to thin them on the head without loosing too much detail.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 17:39
Yeah ! I could only find my 03 sized Graphics pen Haven't un-packed my others yet after my move ( if I didn't chuck em that is ) ..... so sos about the line thickness.

I'm gonna buy some more pens soon.

Saying that .... it's not that hard to select sections of the pic and thin the lines if you use the polygonal lasso tool to select new layers with.

Did you even use layers ? or just colour it in as a whole ?? .. looks like the later.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 18:16
Hehe, cool - a little diversion tonight .

Raven's colouring is about the best I've seen him do, looks pretty cool. I'd go around with an anti-aliased line tool with black and white ink, adding sharper details.

Van-B

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 18:34 Edited at: 10th Oct 2003 18:42
If you fancy something a little easier ..... here's another

I left the shade off of this one though. I know where the lighting goes, BUT do you ?

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 18:41 Edited at: 10th Oct 2003 18:43
Grrr !! need a delete post button

Sup Rore
Years of Service
User Offline
I colored that second one. Just give me a second to find out how to post it.
Sup Rore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 20:51 Edited at: 10th Oct 2003 20:52
Okay. I did it with photoshop.

This is the first time I've ever tried to color a pre-made sketch.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 22:24 Edited at: 10th Oct 2003 22:44
I coloured the shiny guy! Well he is now!

Pincho.

Sup Rore
Years of Service
User Offline
Broken link.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 23:36
Looking good

I'm gonna post a more complicated one up tomorrow

Sup Rore
Years of Service
User Offline
Dang it pincho. You just had to make a bettter one.

I wont have that problem next time. GO FORTH MY NINJA SMILES!!!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2003 07:49
will see about trying my hand at the marine, as my kboard is playing up tonite i can't really program.

as for the setup work in several layers, usually
Base - Shadow - Highlight - Detail - Overlay

exactly how i did this, which means without much effort i can change all of the colours

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2003 09:50
i got a little bored, trying to figure something out atm - so i edited up the commander again

tried to do a little with the marine but i got bored, as far as i got was editing up the lines and adding a little detail. did some shading but it looked too airbrushed and softed - which i didn't like. probably start again after a knap

Lucky Devil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2003 11:14
That guys seems very familiar ...ohh i remember i saw the same pose in another forum i ran into... buy somebody else tried drawing it. I guess you did a better job then the other guy.

very nice indeed
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2003 14:17 Edited at: 11th Oct 2003 14:21
simple they look great for WH40k lineart.

Its a shame some people cant start their own threads and original concepts.

/me snickers

when painting the models in the real world especially the eyes and shine off the pupil or little bits in the armour rings, I highly reccomend you trash a brush down to one bristle, this is a great way to get it with out a mistake. theres no undo in a real world paint.

Invest in a magnifying glass thats on a swivel jointed arm and has the highest magnitude you can find. Jewellers have the best.

Model painting really shows you how much you twitch without noticing also, hehe after a big drinking session its majorly noticable.

/me remembers what it was like to get drunk, ahh memories.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
@Raven that's much better than before, I still can't figure out why your first picture make my eyes go mad. I like your extra details.

@Simple there is something wrong with the neck on that first picture. The guys head is not central with his body, and its squashed down inside his suit.

Pincho.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2003 21:40
Indi ..... thanks

But I'm not sure what you mean by this >>

Quote: "Its a shame some people cant start their own threads and original concepts.

/me snickers "

Please explain ? I'm having a thick day today !!

Anyways .... here's another one I knocked up today in my spare time

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 02:45
OK !

I'm gonna colour the bike myself tomorrow ( and make a tutorial out of it at the same time )

There's a few peeps who have coloured them so far .... but I'm seeing a lot of smudging/blurring and loosing of the edges etc.

Especially Raven's ... sorry but yours has kinda ended up a mess ( looks very dirty )

So I'll make the bike inkwork into a colouring tut ... it's not as hard as some of you may think ... as long as you don't get bored easy.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 04:31
Here's a link to the colouring tutorial ( which is still in the making BTW ) but there's enough there to get you started if you wanted

http://www.dannywartnaby.co.uk/rgt/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=682

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 09:44
Quote: "when you talk about marine there is only the blood angels ... all others are just pretenders "

*Cough* Ultra Marines were actually the first. I really like the Black Templars though, those guys are bad ass.

Quote: "theres no undo in a real world paint."

There's Metho though, many a time have I soaked my models clean.

Oh yeah, bloody awesome and accurate drawings Simple.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 10:27
:: cough :: someone doesn't know thier Rouge Trader history
Blood Angels were the first official marine chapter, they're also one of the original 6 Chapters created from the Primarch Sanguinus - call such because of a malfunction in his genetics that caused him to have something called Bloody Frenzy, which haunts the Blood Angels even today ... although now there is a special company within the Blood Angels specifically setup for those with the madness called the Death Company, there are a few of the stronger and more sinister members of the Chapter suchas Memphisto who are capable of controlling it like the Primarch did long ago.

The Blood Angel set on the homeworld of Baal, are also known as the Emperor's Guard ... as they are the sole guardians of the mechanically sustained emperor within the palasade continant on Terra. (^_^) now if only i could remember the name of the emperor because he is the same one which did battle 6millennia ago with the Chaos Lord who wished to take the empire for himself.

ho well i'm sure it'll come back to me

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 13:04 Edited at: 13th Oct 2003 13:06
LOL !

All this from a carrier bag full of little tiny models and a few books n paints

I don't know ? This Warhammer/40k stuff is so huge, there are so many different types of armies and so many stories etc. Don't think I'm gonna get into it that heaverly .... just a few sketches for me

Oh, Exeat .. thanks ! I'm trying to get them right ( but they are so damn small ) it's hard to catch all of the detail sometimes

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2003 01:14
Here's the bike pic coloured

Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2003 10:33
Oooh! WH40K!
Nice work Simple. You may remember I linked up an old art piece I did of a sorcerer marine. good to see some more games-workshop fans around.

In my humble opinion Chaos Marines own all other marines. Sure they weren't the first, but they look the best. And a Khorne Beserker could take a Blood Angel any day (WH40K geek comment )!

Again, nice work and I hope to see some more,
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
ReWegar
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow
Mussi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2003 13:42
LOOKS GREAT!!!, but i only plat fantasy though

Specs: AMD Athlon 1800, 256 DDRRam 266mhz, 80GB HD 7200rmp U133, Geforce 4 Ti4400 128mb ddr sdram
Zen_Budha
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 18:59
WAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!

Dakka Dakka Dakka DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

Snotglob whips his grots into position as the lobba's open fire, and the red war trukk charges forward!

lol Cool inks, but it doesn't matter what color they are when my orks see them they're all red! lol

He who stands on toilet is high on pot!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 15:23:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 15:23:20