Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK platform support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 17:04
I would love to see the AppGameKit, or another of the TGC's developement tools, eventually support Chrome OS. I realize that may sound like an odd request from way out of left field, especially considering that when it comes to market share - Chrome OS has basically none beyond the Cr-48 testing crew. Chromes OS does have a great deal of potential though.
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2011 00:00
Are you talking about Chromium OS?
Ausculta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2011 18:44
Yes. Seems to be a great platform, has a ton of potential considering it's yet another linux off-shoot. Admittedly - The OS has a long way to go, but I rather like it and could see it having a very bright future as a gaming platform.
Interplanetary Funk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2011 21:15
I think chromium OS won't support installed software and will use HTML5 on the web for all its applications, so unless AppGameKit will have eventual HTML5 output I doubt it will happen, though I may (hopefully) be wrong.

Get on my level
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2011 04:25
We intend to target all popular devices, and browser based devices are pretty popular Right now we are very focused on desktop, tablet and mobile devices but we definitely have an eye on browser tech. We just want to watch a little longer to see what happens in the field of accelerated 3D browsers (and related technology).

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:32:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:32:18