Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / [LOCKED] Torque 2D project looking for artists!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 15:45
Hello all!

I am the lead of a project me and my friends currently call Aspect Warriors. We've got the foundation of the game, we're just starting our actual full production and we need your help to bring this project where it deserves to be.

The game is a 2D Adventure/Action Platformer that's going to try and bring back some of the older type of games into the modern era by updating graphics and certain mechanics. Our big sources of inspiration are Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania and a lot of other old NES titles such as them.

The game is set in a high fantasy universe that draws a lot of inspiration from the ancient civilizations. We're currently working on the fourth iteration of the story and the script. The game itself will be pretty fast paced and we're aiming to create a challenging experience. Of course, we have nothing set in stone so you will also be welcome and encouraged to take part in the design process of the game.

We're looking to have this project done by the end of Spring 2011. We cannot offer anything other than part of what the game makes should we manage to release it. If the game turns out great we aim to release it commercially in some shape or form. If nothing else, we hope it will be a worthy showcase for your own portfolio.

We're currently a team of
Producer/Designer/Artist (Myself)
Coder
UI/AI Coder
Narrative/Script Writer
Composer
Concept Artist

As you can see I have managed to drastically overburdened myself, and am looking for help to take this project where it belongs. I am currently having a lot meetings and reports, while working on the design, while struggling to get any artwork done. We're shooting for a slightly comic book style of art, similar to the games of old, but with higher resolution.

What we mainly need is you who have experience in

Making beautiful terrain artwork
Making stunning background art
Know your way around 2D animation
Can stick to or even help develop a style

Any of these qualities will be greatly appreciated. If you're looking to help out and join our merry band I would be overjoyed. Send samples of your work to either of the adresses below and we'll talk further.

johhje01@student.hgo.se
or
ataris_the_soulkeeper@hotmail.com

You can also mail if you have any additional questions.

I've added some samples, mostly concept art, that you can look at here.
http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd376/AspectWarriors/Aspect%20Warriors%20Sample/
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 21:00
Team requests

This thread is considered a team request and has been locked.
Whilst threads like this are not outlawed, they must adhere to a strict set of guidelines.

You can review the team request guidelines here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=team_requests

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 23:18:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 23:18:41