Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Double Buffering

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't know if this has been asked before. Is DBC capable of double buffering?

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2003 07:34
you can emulate it with a bitmap zero location which allows you to draw stuff off the screen before its drawn to the screen.

When I started java, that was the only way to acheive an animation process and it was hell clunky at the time when java was only in v118.

then i found DB and a whole lot of problems were solved in regards to game programmming.

Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot; I'm not complaining.

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 04:23
you don't need to double buffer if you use sync on, the screen doesn't update until the sync command.

CTP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 12:35:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 12:35:17