Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / How Do I Do Stacking In DBC..Used in Item Menu's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2003 20:52
Ok this is very annoying. I cant seem to get it right and anyone who tries to help gives me advice for DBP.

I have DBC. I want my item menu to work just like any real game item menu. I want it so when you actually have the item its in the menu and when you use it all it disappears from the menu.

I also want to know how to, say I have a sword in my item menu. I want to click it and then it will equip in the equipment menu, and also disappear from the item menu, and vise-versa.

How do I do all this?
Its some kind of stacking code right? Thats what they call it for DBP I think.

Thanks for the help
Nicolas

*Current Project: Untitled RPG
*Working With: Vash the Stampede 815
*Future Number: Eleventy
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 11:13
I'd have a coordinate system, whereby the location of each object, in 3D is stored in an array, and when you collect an item, it's position is set to -1,-1,-1. Now when you collect an item, you simply change it's location. You can use one of the locations as a slot number indicator, so you could have all inventory items at -1,-1,-1 and all equiped items at -1,-1,0 for example. To drop an item, simply set the location array to the current player position.

Van-B

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 08:48
Or use negative numbers to represent empty slots.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 17:04:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 17:04:44