Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2011 19:24
Deep Dark

Developer: chargerbandit

Storyline:

You play as a horror story writer who just loves to explore dark,creepy and abandoned areas to get the inspiration to write. For your latest story,you picked an old abandoned bunker at the edge of west Germany. After the descending to the bunker,your feeling got werider and werider. Something is not right. You are running out of petroleum for your lamp,you need to take a look around and find some replacement.

But everything is not alright.

Background:

This is a project for the Scary Horror Game contest. After I heard the deadline was pushed to 5th March,I decided to make a simple horror game. I will be posting progress each day until the end of the week.

This will be probably my last attempt at doing anything interesting in FPSC.

Pictures:

Good constructive criticism is welcome!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks way better than in MSN (there it looked too dark)
loving how you used PW Segments

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 02:24
Looks good. Can't wait to try it.

cmando
Years of Service
User Offline
Story sounds similar to Alan Wake (aka the game most havent played but should). Lol anyways, looks good
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 03:18
Yeah it does, but with less insaininess, but anyway, it looks great.

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 16:41
The story is really new and interesting! I like it!
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 19:31
Update - Day 1

I have polished the corridors by adding some props and things to make it look pretty while still maintaining the "it's there for a purpose".

On the second screenshot you might have figured out that there is a thompson on the floor...in a German bunker? Yes,it has a lot with british soldiers but I won't give any spoilers,except a key word or two..."torture" and "capture".

You will encounter deadly enemies which don't die just like your ordinary flick zombie. Blasting all of your ammo,which is in small quantities by the way,isn't always the perfect way to bring them down.

Now enjoy the screenshots,!criticize constructivly! and wait for the next update tommorow.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2011 17:23
Oooh, you got a cool look going on there! Nice job

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2011 20:17
Update - Day 2

Thanks for the comments.

I haven't worked much on this today,but I got a new screenshot to show you. This is the part where you reach the bunker com station. You accept the signal and hear screams and a call for help. After that,the door next to you opens then...

I will be working on the level tommorow,try to pretty much finish it,then on friday,polish it,compile it,then on saturday I will be doing the final menu touches.

Now enjoy the screenshot and comment!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks Great!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 18:13
Keeps getting better. I like the simple, yet eerie look you got there. The places aren't overcramped with random stuff, but they aren't too empty to make it look boring. That's again, just my opinion, but I presume you have nothing agains it

maxiqueen123
Years of Service
User Offline
looks very nice

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size.
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 19:53
Update - Day 3

I have worked on this game a bit more,I have perfected the room from the last update,added another one(the dead mutant is result of the fight) and made some more,which I will not show yet(still working on it). I am confident this project will be finished by deadline.

Thanks for all the kind comments. Here is your daily graphical update.

RAXMUX Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2011 10:00
Love the atmosphere but you should remove the crosshairs ....
It dosen't really fit in the envoriment.

Btw, have you made the segements by yourself ? (love em' )

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2011 19:15
Update - Day 4

I have completed the level design,FPSC didn't crash when building and everything went smooth. Well,except that GUI X9 has broken some things which I am resolving,if I fix them,I will be easily done by deadline.

RAXMUX Games: Yes,I got rid of the crosshairs and huds,and yes,the segment from the first picture is mine,the other one is from PWP Scifi Pack.

Here are your daily screens,final in this thread,look out for the Showroom thread tommorow.

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2011 11:02
The demo has been released,check the showcase!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:10:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:10:40