Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Wings 3D + UVmapper Pro + Entity Work Shop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 17:52
I been working with Wings3D and recently purchased UV-mapper professional and I'm trying to get the Skin i created on to a weapon and it works in uv mapper pro, but I'm confused as to what to do next.

Speed of the wolf, power of the pack!!
http://www.wolfgames.110mb.com/home.html
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 19:44
?? Im confused too... i guess the question is what are you trying to accomplish??

Skynet Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 19:48
Create a model (done) texture it... And import it in to fpsc...

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 20:45
ah ok... lol you didnt clarify fpsc. I would try and get it animated. Im not sure but i think this is were your going to run into a problem... depending on what file export properties your unwrapper has i think your going to find its going to be hard to import into alot of the animation tools available without wipeing out the uv coords... So i would look around for a tool to animate with that best keeps what you have already intact. Thats just one of the problems with tools is they seem to support each other but they do only enough to make you made... Im a blender user and personally i use it for all the steps because its what i know and from my experience it does the best job as a package. Hopefully one day theyll get animation support for wings...

Skynet Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 21:40 Edited at: 1st Mar 2011 21:48
Ok, what i have for programs are, milkshape3D, which im trying to learn right now. UVmapper, fragmotion, wings3D anim8or, and blender 3D.

Now, what im trying to figure out how to use are these.

Using entity workshop was really no problem, i create a mesh in wings3D (No animations) and import itto EWS (entity work shop) But when i try to load a texture on my .x file, it comes up as looking either all black, grey, or non of the two. So this is the step im working on. Animation on the other hand, thats WAY out of my league right now..

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2011 04:02
That is an entity workshop problem, it doesn't like to read UVs.... so here is what you do: Copy the FPE of an entity similiar to yours. Post it in a new folder. Put your mesh and texture into that folder. Change the paths in the FPE. Tada!

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-27 02:51:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-27 02:51:19