Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to set up my vehicle with a MANUAL trans. Example, if the user has the vehicle in 1st it will have torque and power, if they put it in 2nd gear it has less torque but more speed.

I am trying to use the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys to shift through the gears but its not working. Does anyone have a working example I could check out please?

Thanks
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 21:47
You have the right idea I think.

Just adjusting PHY SET VEHICLE MOTOR TORQUE should give you the impression of gear changes, and changing PHY SET VEHICLE MAX MOTOR, or capping PHY SET VEHICLE MOTOR FORCE each gear change should work to control the max speed of each gear.

I've owned DarkPhysics now for several years and am just now working on something that uses the vehicle physics. It's certainly been a challenge getting it working with a model that wasn't designed for it from the start, but I'm getting closer to something that's drivable without bouncing around like a kid in a bouncy house.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:36:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:36:18