Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Zombie game weaponry ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all im in the middel off making a vampire-zombie-moster killing game and well cinda short on idears to gun an other tools off the trade so was wondering if enny of you guys out there have any ideers. all sizes and calibers is accepted, blades axes 'n 'nades (grenades) is too

hope to hear some ideers soon

Vincent
Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2011 22:31
Are you a phonetic speller?

Anyways, the answer to your question is anything you want. You could use a cut-up soda can for all you want.

But here is a list:
Double barrel Shotgun
Pump-Action Shotgun
Semi automatic pistol
Revolver
Pipe Wrench
Bolt Action 30-06
Crossbow
Axe
Sledge
Kitchen knife
2x4
baseball bat
Chainsaw
Pen/Pencil
Stapler(that would get good reviews)
hammer

As you can see the list could go on and on, and it would take you at least a month even if your good to model and texture those.
Pretty much anything can be used as a weapon.

If your game does not include military persons, you should NOT include fully automatic weapons as it would be situationally unrealistic.

Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you a phonetic speller? WHAT DOS THAT MEAN ?
sorry but english aint my native im from denmark and if you mean im not good at spelling your rigth ... shcool problems for short ... eny way im working on it ...any way thx for the ideers ^^ but whats a 2X4 ?
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
It means you're spelling things as you say them. i-deer = idea, not everyone is english but at least hes found a way to clearly communicate. Though your sentence structure seems fine which is strange. Anyway, 2x4 is a standard plank of wood. Everything around you is a possible weapon so go nuts.

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2011 23:47
Quote: "WHAT DOS THAT MEAN ?
"

Phonetic speller means you spell out the word the way it sounds.

And a 2x4 is a piece of wood that is 2" by 4" and however long you want it.

A 4x4 could also be used but its a little harder to get a grip on.

Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
ahh okay ^^ thx ^^ and sorry about the bad spelling im stil learning ^^ so plz go to hard on me... and im really sorry if i sounded like i was pissed off or something with the ''WHAT DO THAT .... '' it was just my caps lock there were on .. sorry if i sounded rude

and thx again for the ideas
Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 00:02
No worries, i was a bit blunt. And i dont mind your spelling, i cant speak or spell Danish so your ahead of me.

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 01:28
I think maybe a good introduction to setting, story, and characters would give us better tools to aid you. When i think of vampires i think of things like crosses, stakes, and other holy weapons portrayed in say... the Castlvania series or Vampire Hunter D or something like that. I think weapon designs for these type games should be more scifi gothic in apearence. If your going for something a little more modern like say Blade or something it will be a bit more feasable to use modern weaponry. Giving us a clue into what kind of settin your game will take place and with what kind of characters will better help us determine what kind of ideas to give.

Modern shocker horror zombie survival games lean towards using every day items as weapons. crowbars, kitchen knives... 2x4s . Guns arnt in the inventory of the everday person. (Not saying that you couldnt find any in a crisis zombie situation on say a dead police officer you had to bludgen with your 2x4 when he woke up zombified and ready to eat your brains..lol) but there not just going to be laying all over the place like some other things like... 2x4s. This all depends again on who your characters are and what the settings are. So without any specific ideas, hopefully this post will give you somehting to start with. Think about the story, the place and who/what is involved and try and develop a theme. From there coose items you would relate to said theme and add your own touch to them to make them unique.

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 01:28
I think maybe a good introduction to setting, story, and characters would give us better tools to aid you. When i think of vampires i think of things like crosses, stakes, and other holy weapons portrayed in say... the Castlvania series or Vampire Hunter D or something like that. I think weapon designs for these type games should be more scifi gothic in apearence. If your going for something a little more modern like say Blade or something it will be a bit more feasable to use modern weaponry. Giving us a clue into what kind of settin your game will take place and with what kind of characters will better help us determine what kind of ideas to give.

Modern shocker horror zombie survival games lean towards using every day items as weapons. crowbars, kitchen knives... 2x4s . Guns arnt in the inventory of the everday person. (Not saying that you couldnt find any in a crisis zombie situation on say a dead police officer you had to bludgen with your 2x4 when he woke up zombified and ready to eat your brains..lol) but there not just going to be laying all over the place like some other things like... 2x4s. This all depends again on who your characters are and what the settings are. So without any specific ideas, hopefully this post will give you somehting to start with. Think about the story, the place and who/what is involved and try and develop a theme. From there choose items you would relate to said theme and add your own touch to them to make them unique.

Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm thx a lot for the info ^^ .. well i actualy have a story to work form. i was a spare time write back when i was 15, and did found a story that i think cud be real cool to turn into a game... and finish the story (it is only 40 pages and far from done but i have the basik lines about the plot) the game is going to be somthing like a fps Rpg (like fall out and borderlands) the story so far it's about this girl (in the game you can chose gender for your self, since it is a Rpg ^^ )there is employed as a monstor hunter by and unnamed organisation (dont know have to spell that) so when it comes to fire arms she have pretty much acces to all types of weapons (from a shop or something) including custom made stuff that the organisation makes...

the story flows throgh the years from 1895- 1950 in a world much like our own and jet not. the world is inspired by the periode 1920-1970 in america, like cars and busses look a lot like they did in the 1950 USA even when you arein the year 1912.. osian liners like the titanic and the weaponry is propely going to be the same.. have ideas about making the m16/ar15/colt comando/what ever its called in games, to apire in 1916 and invented by the organisation(witch is the worlds leating (?) weapons manifacture...

so the question is not what type of waeponry but more like..
what guns to use. im hoping the game will have a huge weapon database so the player really can use he or shes profured figting style. when ever is hitting the enamy in the head with a 2x4, non scope them with a old lever action rifle or dual pistol mayhem.. so i was hopping that there is some weapon nuts out there there know what they like to kill with so as far as ''realism'' gos or how the gun or blade fitt into the game, then dont worry ill make it work ^^

hope this helps out ^^ if not plz tell me ^^

Vincent
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 22:56
This does help. I know kind of what your talking about. I would think more about quality then quanity. Its good to give the player variety but find a balance you can handle. If you overload yourself right off the bat with a mile long list of weapons i think things will get rushed. As far as your weapons matching your story i would look into the vampire hunter d series and check out some of the design there. I think a good cyber gothic setup would look good. Theme is important. Without theme your going to end up with clutter and what appears to be random items thrown together. If your any kind of artist what i would do is find some reference to the era that your refuring to and do some scetches to get a feel for the style and then add your own touch/flare to it to make it kind of otherworldly yet familiar.

anyway by cyber gothic this is what im refering to (kind of):

I would personally design something maybe a little more ornate then that, but the cool thing about this gun is that though its scifi fantasy it still has some of that oldschool feel to it with the revolver part...(not sure what its called.)

Im not saying copy this design though. More or less its just an example as to how you might combine themes to create a unique theme/ alternate reality type setting for your project.

Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe i get your point ^^ i have been working on some designs and ideas ^^ and a bout the laser sound gun on the picture it abpires to be a revover fitted under a for for laser gun s obasikly to types of firearms i one pistol ^^ eny way here is some designs (if i can opload properly)[img]http://I:\game guns\Vampire hunter\Pistols\Organisation C96[/img]
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm nope that wasn't rigth how do u opload series of fotos like in preveus posts ?
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2011 01:16 Edited at: 4th Mar 2011 01:18
A quick way to do it is to use the attachment feature on the bottom of the post entry control... post the message, view the image and right click it and select properties. Then go and copy the address in properties, go back to your post and edit it and type

theres also a button to insert the image in this format on the top. Click the button that says image.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2011 08:09
or you can set up a photobucket account, upload the images there and copy the code^^

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm good advise ^^ thx
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
The organisation Mauser in Black
[img]http://hellsing80h.deviantart.com/#/d3avpwb[/img]
and crome
[img]http://hellsing80h.deviantart.com/#/d3avpji[/img]

hehe well she is half vampire so recoil wont be a problem^^
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2011 16:26 Edited at: 4th Mar 2011 16:27
why whont it work ....

anyway here it is in black

i hope

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2011 05:14
thats pretty cool. ill post something later maybe to give you an idea too if you like.

Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe thanks and offcouse ^^ i dont mind makin a lot of guns and weapons since i just love to make theme ^^ have been for 3 years ^^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 06:33:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 06:33:11