Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / special attributes buttons

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2011 00:29
I have been thinking about the game i am planning to make. There is something that is getting on my nerves as i have no idea how it could be done. What i want is, throughout any point in the level, the player can press a certain key to increase their speed or press a certain key to increase their jump height (similar to far cry)

With this, i would need to limit how often they could press it (like a bar that needs to replenish)

I know that you can set trigger points throughout the level and could set a trigger point for the entire level for each individual skill or attribute, so no matter where you are on the level, you are always within the trigger point. I also know that you can assign any key on the keyboard in script to complete a certain 'task'. (excuse my lack of knowledge of terminology)

If anyone has any idea of what i am talking about or has any ideas of how to achieve said idea, please get in contact!

Unfamillia
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2011 18:56
aha I'm making that system for my game too already working on it and almost done

it will be a circle and it uses 3 layers

layer 1: the circle it self
layer 2: button one
layer 2: button two.

just place them over each other to create a depth.
will post the script when it's done

and don't use a trigger zone but use the scancodekeypressed value to complete the action.

hope you can wait for it to be done.

[href]http://tbhproductions.com[/href]
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 00:32
@biohazardNL

It sounds as though you already have it down. If i can be of any help, just let me know, but, my scripting is virtually non existent!

I am currently trying to teach myself from the Community guide that Nickydude compiled.

Look forward to hearing your results.
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 07:40
Quote: "@biohazardNL

It sounds as though you already have it down. If i can be of any help, just let me know, but, my scripting is virtually non existent!

I am currently trying to teach myself from the Community guide that Nickydude compiled.

Look forward to hearing your results."

I had a hard time myself too with script learning. but when I just took it easy. it came by itself. so just mess around with it.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 23:43
Thanks for the advice. The scripting looks like it should be easy to learn, but, there are so many variables and so many different parts that i don't understand, even when i try to figure them out!

I am sure it will come to me eventually.
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 23:45
try fpi editpad

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:45:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:45:29