Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Alucard TGC 3D Compo entry: Yeah, that's a tree.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 10:40 Edited at: 21st Apr 2011 17:17
Yo my homies, I feel like I have to go through the fact that I am not dead in every thread I make nowadays, since the time spans that tend to distance them from eachother Today I won't however, since I can't honestly be bothered heh.

SO, I figured I'd do some 3D stuff and put up on this forum and crud like that, and now with the apparent blossoming of the competitions (Which is great by the way) I figured it'd be fun to join in for the first time in ages and make something for the competition, it's also a pretty interesting theme.
I ended up making a bonsai tree, since I think it really quite suits the theme, what with being a small version of something that tends to be very large, and hey, trees are fun right?

Here's a scaled down version of the final render, I have attached the full size image to this post.

The model was first sculped in Zbrush, then brought into Maya for retopologization and UV mapping. I then textured it in photoshop and rendered it in my secret love interest; marmoset toolbag. The image I got from there was then brought into maya for some more editing.

Poly-wise the model is pretty heavy, mostly because I knew this was just meant to be for a beauty shot and not much else. So I just retopo'd a bit more... extensively. It's about 7000 faces I think, if it matters to anyone, which it shouldn't.

Here are some of the obvious wireframe and normal map shots of the final mesh. I removed stuff like the pot from the images because it's really easy to understand how I made that.

Zbrush high poly sculpt:

Final retop'd mesh.

Normal/AO map shot.

Thanks.

Alucard94, lacking proper intelligence.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 19:14
the final reder is great, you've gotta love the marmouset toolbag, i keep meaning to get my hands on it, is it worth it?
really nice job by the way, just remember that for the competition you'll need to have it in a scene so that we can get a sense of its scale in relation to that of another object/ person

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 15:08
Nice model man!

"Fromage Cake"
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 15:42
Awesome! I always love the things you create

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 15:57
Fantastic Alucard94. Looks really good. It's odd that the leaves look photoshopped onto the image. Is it part of the model?
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 05:15 Edited at: 27th Mar 2012 09:46
Thanks a lot guys
Quote: "the final reder is great, you've gotta love the marmouset toolbag, i keep meaning to get my hands on it, is it worth it?"

I, as someone who doesn't know much at all about rendering, am having tons of fun with it at least.

Hello, I am Seb.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 07:26:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 07:26:17