Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Failed to 'LoadProjectFile' on Win7

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, hello. I recently got a computer with Win7 on it, and decided to download DBPro. After a little bit of trouble and an error report from McAfee, which I discovered was false, I got DBPro in and was excited to start.

However, I found I could not build an executable for even the simplest program. I installed the 7_7 update, and the error report changed, but was an error report nonetheless.

It reads as follows for all attempted executables:

Failed to 'LoadProjectFile'
Failed to 'LoadDBA'
Failed to "LoadDBA'

This may be a very simple problem (again, this is a brand new computer and operating system for me), but I imagine it's worth a shot.

Awesomeness comes easy.
Kolotation
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, this must be something REALLY easy to fix, because nobody else in the world has posted about having trouble with it.

Awesomeness comes easy.
Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 18:06
Do you have the latest update of V7.7 RC6? since version 3 (I think) that contains the fix for programs not working on Windows 7 SP1.

If you have the latest RC, then maybe it's your antivirus program. You might want to set "The Game Creators" folder to exclude it from virus scans, as I had to do myself with Norton antivirus.
Kolotation
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, actually, I'm not sure if the update is actually installed. I'm not sure what to do after downloading it. Do I need to put it in a file in DBPro's files?

As for permissions, my McAfee service gives full access to the DBPro Editor program and the Launcher program. If more than that needs to be allowed, then I don't know what it is.

Also, this might not be relevant, but as DBPro finished downloading, McAfee detected and removed a Trojan. Are any important DBPro files ever mistaken for Trojans? It just occured to me.

Sorry about all this trouble. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Awesomeness comes easy.
Kolotation
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, okay. I've got something working.

I noticed I was not on an administrator account, so I tried running DBPro as an administrator, and now it seems to work.

However, the program looks completely different than if I run it as normal, but it does now work.

Thanks for the help, Admiral, I'm glad someone gave some input. This issue is resolved for the moment.

Awesomeness comes easy.
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 03:22
I have this problem.

I downloaded DBP on my new computer (windows 7 ). I made some programs and they worked fine.

I then tried to compile some of my projects made on my old computer and got some odd compilation errors (something to do with types - type,endtype weren't highlighted in the IDE)

I decided to update DBP, and then when i try to compile I get the error

By going to help->about i see that DBP is Version 1.076 now. What is this 'RC' and how do i get it?
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 03:54
I found 7.7

here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=180294&b=1

I uninstalled DBP and installed it in My Documents. (maybe not necessary, but allows me to see my projects using Windows Explorer. Then i downloaded the latest dbp upgrade from that thread, installed it and presto - it works fine now! Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:25:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:25:40