Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Universe Generator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 16:33 Edited at: 16th Mar 2011 16:49
Hi. My latest project is to build a Universe generator. A very ambitious project based around my own personal theory of how the Universe is built. Instead of actual physics in mathematics, the program will work more like a Neural Network, a self building Universe, created only from the contents of individual atoms. Atoms I believe have rules, and I think I have figure all of those rules out. So my program will try to order thousands of atoms from those rules. Hopefully I will end up with Suns, and Planets. I even have DNA, and cell division worked out, so I could for example add the cell divisions inside an egg to build some sort of life form. I could build magnets, and other things too, all based on the same rules. I'm not a great programmer, this could take some time. Anyway here is the first chapter of the story...

And a video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggRxyHjimxM&feature=player_embedded

Now obviously I can't put billions of sphere in my program. So if you think about Lego, and its tiniest squares, you can build almost anything from them. If you use the next square up you can build the same things but with jagged edges. My Universe Generator will have the jagged edges of larger Lego bricks, but with all of the physics scaled up I should still end up with a pretty nice Universe in separate parts. So a sun in one program, and a planet in another, a magnet in another, and cell division in another. The important thing is that I don't change the atoms for each program. I use the same atoms, and the same rules.

Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 17:04
Looks very interesting, althought I'm not exactly sure whats exactly happening in the video.

[img][/img]

Custom,intel 3.0GHz Hyper Threaded,4GB RAM,ATI X1500 256mb,
WindowsXP DBpro v7.5 Synergy
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Each sphere in the video is obeying its own rules. At that early stage the rules weren't complete. To be honest it isn't doing a lot, just a bunch of particles transferring energy to one another.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 18:15
So it's kind of an algorithm that turns chaotic matter into ordered patterns? Looks very interesting, I wish you the best of luck

TheComet

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 18:39 Edited at: 16th Mar 2011 18:46
Yeah, that's a good description. Including everything to go with those patterns. Like orbits, sunspots, cell division, heat, explosions, unseen forces like magnetism, and gravity. But without me actually programming them into the Generator. So for example, if a bunch of particles start to group together they might bond, they might create a new combined force, they might create a new substance, and hopefully that substance will agree with science. Or another example. The two slit experiment could be built from the atoms, and will hopefully solve it.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 18:58 Edited at: 16th Mar 2011 18:59
Quote: "The two slit experiment could be built from the atoms, and will hopefully solve it."

I see your line of thinking with this project but I doubt you are going to get new insight into the workings of the universe.

Perhaps you could, but I really doubt you will come up with an explanation for quantum weirdess as there may not be an explanation we could ever comprehend.

Interesting project though, I often think about modelling stuff like this to look for solutions. I think a more realistic target would be to explain Dark Matter or Dark Energy(not TGC products lol), they at least seem like an answer may be in reach while the two slit experiment does not imo.

Good luckwith this.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I can already explain them on paper. I just need to see them in my program.

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
The video looks sort of how I imagine a protostar forms xD
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 15:54
Locking on the basis that there is a UG Part 2, which has more posts in it. Please stick to Part 2, a WIP doesn't need multiple threads

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:33:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:33:06