Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Critique?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2011 00:42
This is my very first model I've created/textured. I know, it looks like a giant steaming pile of mess, but can you cut me a tiny bit of slack?

I've got an image of it.. I would love some constructive criticism, thanks,

~Joe

Learning all I need to know, one step at a time.
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2011 01:13
Looks good, especially for a first model. Texture isn't half bad either. Unfortunately you must have an FPSC ready screenshot to prevent this thread from being moved to 3D Chat board.
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2011 02:10
Looks good, I think you should have had the spine of the book rounded, and the leather marks a little smaller.

Other than that it looks really good, especially for a first. But you do need an in game pic for it to be here.

Alle Dinge Andern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2011 04:20
Alright, sorry for not having the ingame screenshot. I should have that by no later than tomorrow. If, that's okay with the mods?

Thank you for the positive feedback, I am having trouble rounding the spine of the book, however.. And the texture- editing it further won't be that hard.

Learning all I need to know, one step at a time.
Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2011 13:53
nice work!!

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2011 19:15 Edited at: 21st Mar 2011 19:16
...very good first attempt, indeed.

C & C:

- Spine should be rounded [i](as VENT mentioned previously), and the corners should
be slightly less angular, as well.

- Hardbound books typically have an outer material stretched over the covers, which
creates a natural bevel effect on the edges.

- Texture is pretty good, but added attention to detail will improve it. Again, agreeing
with VENT, the grain of the leather should be reduced in size.

- Imperfections, soiling, and wear incorporated into the texture would add a level of
greater realism. [/i]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 06:32:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 06:32:12