Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Android Market

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 21:47
Anyone here knows Android Market? I myself use it all the time on my LG Swift. I would love to see it in AppGameKit supported stores, and what do you guys think ?

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2011 04:02
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2011 11:16
Quote: "App Stores Targetted: Intel AppUp, Apple App Store, Samsung Bada"

Still, they didn't say we can't request, or give ideas .

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2011 12:50
Those are only the beginning. Check out the official page: http://www.appgamekit.com/

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2011 05:54
We have our eye very much on Android, especially their new NDK which will allow our engine engine to move across to it very quickly indeed. The downside is the latest version of the OS has a very small footprint right now, but that is expected to explode so by the time we are ready Android will be ready. P.S. My personal phone is currently an Android and I've just downloaded the SID Player a few days ago. For a hippy retro geek like me, it's the best money I never spent!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 02:32
I've just bought an Android phone, wouldn't mind writing some stuff for it.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 13:47
nickydude, you could always use eclipse with the ADK. It's quite easy to use plus there are loads of tutorials on the android website.

[url="http://raptr.com/No_Turn_Right?src=em_forum"][/url]
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 16:55 Edited at: 17th Apr 2011 16:57
Quote: "P.S. My personal phone is currently an Android "

Quote: "I've just bought an Android phone"

I am getting ready to purchase my first smart phone. (waiting for AGK)

Should I get an Android instead of the iPhone???

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 17:58 Edited at: 17th Apr 2011 18:00
To be honest - some Android phones are cheap, but less powerful that iPhones. So if you have much money, buy iPhone. It's easy to compare the newest iPhone games to Android's, and you see the power of iOS. But Android is yet great too, and much much cheaper.

Quote: "nickydude, you could always use eclipse with the ADK. It's quite easy to use plus there are loads of tutorials on the android website."

Tried that too, but to be honest... there aren't much tutorials on web, if there are, point me please, because i did find 5 tutorials by one author by parts, yet he finished on Hello World . When i try to continue on someone's other tutorial, it's just off the bounds because i don't understand it . Maybe i should buy a book.... But i will wait for AGK.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 18:52
I'll likely buy an Android phone down the road but have an iPod right now and will use that for development. What I really don't like about iOS is how locked down it is. Biggest problems with smartphones is the battery life. It won't last long if you start using them for things other then phoning. I'm more and more thinking about getting a smaller smartphone, mainly to get GPS and a camera into my phone. I'm still awaiting my Pandora which will be far better for the web and playing games on and I'm thinking about getting a tablet.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 23:03 Edited at: 17th Apr 2011 23:07
I bought an htc gratia this friday and it works really well with its tiny 600 mhz cpu
It have the same speed as the iphone 3gs and plays games just as good.
I belive the android market is an bomb shell with all the android phones on the way.
I didt have the money to buy an better one
I want android support as fast as possible and understand tgc point in doing the iphone and ipad support first.
I can wait if i know it will come later on!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 01:48 Edited at: 18th Apr 2011 01:49
Thanks Ched80, I'll take a look at that.

kamac, here are some YouTube vids, I haven't watched them myself (just about too) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtsyrKdPZVw.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 19:42
Quote: "kamac, here are some YouTube vids, I haven't watched them myself (just about too) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtsyrKdPZVw."

And that's one of my samples i have providen . 6 tutorials, ending up at hello world and nothing more from that author.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Erm. Kamac. You're saying iOS has power? I always think of it as the other way around... Quality depends though.

Anyways, I totally want android support to come around as quickly as possible because, as I see it, it's the future of mobile devices. I can NOT wait. Literally. I already started coding in DBPro, to port the code over to AppGameKit, as many have

swis
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 10:39 Edited at: 19th Apr 2011 10:40
I'm not sure about Android being the future of mobile operating systems. It's already big, but i doubt mobiles will see a single OS dominating like MS did for PCs. I just can't see iOS and WP7 rolling over and letting Android dominate. Nokia's move to WP7 sort of demonstrates how eager WP7 is to catch up with iOS and Android.

I think having the AppGameKit focus on the current largest app user base (iOS) is good enough to start. As said above me, I'd rather have a solid development environment that supported a single OS than a buggy one that supported many OSs.

Saying that - I can't wait for Android and 3D support to arrive! It'd be great trying to take advantage of the Sony Xperia Play's PlayStation Certified control system

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2011 16:46 Edited at: 19th Apr 2011 16:46
Yeh... but that:

Quote: "
Symbian
MeeGo
Android
Windows Mobile 7
Blackberry"

Could change a bit, to switch places between MeeGo and Android .

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 07:32
kamac, the order of platforms was never set in stone anyway.

Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2011 18:15
Quote: "Saying that - I can't wait for Android and 3D support to arrive! It'd be great trying to take advantage of the Sony Xperia Play's PlayStation Certified control system "

Same here, I've had no problems with my LG GT540 so far. Looking forward to trying out the AppGameKit on it.

Pauler
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using Android as well and I'm wondering what will come up in the future
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2011 00:33
Quote: "Same here, I've had no problems with my LG GT540 so far. Looking forward to trying out the AppGameKit on it. "

I have LG GT540 also ! Will have to test AppGameKit on it .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:09:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:09:19