Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSCX10 Water levels

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a way to change the water level in one spot of a map and at the same time change another spot in the game?
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2011 23:34
Not that I know of...

However, depending on what you are doing, you can make a script that will lower or raise the water level in a trigger zone.

I was working on a game about the panama canal and used this trick to give the perception of different water levels. I made the user walk through a hallway with no windows (this is where I put the trigger), then when they would come out the other end, the water would be at the appropriate level.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2011 00:09
LOL...just noticed "Banke"...we know each other. And now you are working on that game.
Banke
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, boy.... any one else haave a clue, I've noticed when moving around in the editor, it gives you an x and z value at where your cursor is positioned, and also gives you the layer. So could there be any possibilities of actually making a script that could use these values?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:45:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:45:17