Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Turning Terrain Collision OFF

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2011 18:54 Edited at: 26th Mar 2011 18:55
Hi
I am using Auto Collision for my player in a game. It works great. I first noticed that when I added a SkyBox to my map, I had to turn the sky box's collision off for the player to move, even though technically, the player is not touching the sides of the sky box. So this works fine...

But now i have decided to add terrain to my map. I would like to use the Terrain's get height function to position objects on the terrain. But the problem is that, the objects with auto collision on cannot move on the terrain, even when they are elevated far above the terrain. I cant find any way to turn the terrain's collision off. I remember that Dark GDK treated the terrain as an object, so i could easily turn the collision off.

Does anyone know how i can disable a terrains collision, and still be able to use it's Height property.

Thank you
RancidRat
Years of Service
User Offline
ok... i noticed that things have IDs... are these specific to the items type... 3d objects, sprites ect? If so then the terrains are counted as 3d objects with regards to its id (from what i can tell)... is there a way to use the Basic3D object methods simply by referring to an id? , like in classic DarkGDk?

thanks
Popper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2011 19:30
IDs are specific to objects and sprites and basicly everything you render,and no you can using basic3d methods by referring to there ID (atleast not as ive found in GDK.net) as for terrian collision if your using heightmap terrian am afraid theres no current way of turning it off >..<

~Popper

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:04:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:04:04