Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Escape from F**ushima

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Title
Escape from Fu*ushima – v0.8 BETA

Developer
Developed by “blackinmind” with FPS Creator in March 2011.

Story
The nuclear plant of Fu*ushima exploded and you are the last survivor. Your mission is simple: escape!

Gameplay
“Escape from Fu*ushima” is not a typical first-person-shooter, because there are no weapons! There is only one enemy: the fire.
Find your way through the building to the final door.

More
This is the first game made with FPS Creator from “blackinmind”. It’s still under development. More information soon at http://fpscreatorlevels.wordpress.com/

Screenshots & Download
soon
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2011 21:39 Edited at: 29th Mar 2011 21:40
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=171003&b=25

Please visit that link and make corrections to your thread before
it gets locked. I'd also advise you post 1 or 2 screenshots of
actual work in progress. On another note, don't you think this is a
little too soon? The radiation from those nuclear plants is going
to kill all the agriculture and it could possibly evolve into
those people birthing all kinds of deformed children. I don't
know if I'd make a game on this yet; I'm just saying.

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 Extreme RAM,
ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard, Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB DDR5
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2011 21:41
You need a better description and !!!SCREENIES!!! or this thread will be locked.
On the website it looked all ok for a first game, but I think the thematic is a but unfitting to the actual situation.

But looks like a good start

Youtube Name: omegamer666
Current project: Junkys Home, a X9 project where you wakeup in a dark apertment and your goal is to get out of there.
But you´re not alone...
blackinmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks you for your feedback!!

I'd like to post some pics, but I had some problems because of the naming (they had the f-word - wrong spelled! - in it ), the same problem with the download-link.

But now ... here they are:

Download:
http://bit.ly/elaN7X

Screenshots:

Regarding the title: Ok, it's a little bit provoking, I know that. But the first step to success is a great title

Maybe I'l change it to "Escape" or something like that...
General Zax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2011 23:19
It doesn't look bad so far. There's scenery without an overload of it, the level design doesn't look bad, and it's obvious you know lightmapping pretty well. The only thing I can suggest is to show some more exciting moments. Though these look rather nice, there isn't much to them. Show us some climactic moments where you are running through a collapsing building with the flames at your feet, or attempting to hold your balance over a pit of fiery death. Show us something other than a few pictures of some decent looking rooms with nothing exciting to them.

There is a darkness in each of us, one that creates us, consumes us, haunts us. This darkness will devour the living, burn the civil way of living we know today. Only we...can aid it in its quest!
blackinmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Unfortunatley there is no specific dramatic moment. But you're right, this is a must for great game/map.

Collapsing buildings and other special fx - that's sounds great, but at the moment I don't know how to do this. I'm working with the FPSC since a week, after some small test-maps, this is my first "final" one.
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2011 01:33
Looks alright, try using custom lighting colours instead of the stock colours.

That being said, because the nuclear crisis is an ongoing situation on in Japan, I think that if you're going to use this idea, you should use a made up nuclear plant, as right now it's a little sensitive, but that's just what I think.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2011 01:49 Edited at: 6th Apr 2011 04:31
:::::REDACTED BY SETH BLACK:::::

...I'm done dealing with you people.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2011 02:10
I saw this coming...

First of all: Change your concept...as stated above this is provoking and stupid.

Second: This does not look like any kind of Nuclear Powerplant at all, you can switch your scenario easily to anything less provoking.

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2011 21:23
The tyre prints floating in the air next to a sci-fi platform... The there's these weirdle balanced testtube thingys. And I've never been to nuclear powerplant, but do they really have those classic deadly gaps that seem to go on until forever? Or judges by the lighting, they're filled with lava or something... :/ And what's with the vents in the last screenshot? And the title and everything... just look at all the comments above mine...

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 02:07
...Okay then. Why would anybody even...

blackinmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, Ok, it was my first (stupid) level. I think my next will be better...
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 20:19 Edited at: 1st Apr 2011 20:19
Don't give up on yourself though. This was obviously your first work. If you just think it through and try harder
next time to be more original and thoughtful, you should be able to make something good.

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 Extreme RAM,
ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard, Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB DDR5
Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 16:51
Take me for example, I was rubbish at making games but now i have worked at it and improved drasticly and its all thanks to dudes and maybe a dudette on the forums, Hehe now my next task is ACTUALY getting a game finished

The Host Is Aware Of Your Presents

FOR THE LITTLE AFRO DUDE!
Anigma
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you're onto an interesting concept as far as the goal being to run away from something rather than shoot everything that moves, but at the same time, why else would you play a FPS game if it's not to shoot everything that moves? I'd make the game a mix of both, to be honest, and I'd make it about something a bit less controversial. Maybe the player gets abducted by aliens and has to escape from their ship instead? The standard props that come with FPSC would fit better in a game about aliens anyway.

Good luck, as others have said, don't give up, and don't take what folks have said personally. It may feel like people are just picking on you, but really we're trying to save you from making a huge mistake. If you have any doubts about what happens to developers of games that stir up a bunch of negative controversy, google "Six Days in Fallujah" and read up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:48:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:48:24