Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / HELP!!!! help finding (2d)map editor/maker and animating sprites!!PLEEEEEEEASE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 01:33
ok, basicaly i REEEEEEEEALLY need to find a map editor thats easy to use and i need to know how to animate a sprite.
for eg.
if youve ever played zelda or final fantasy, when they walk, they have a walking animation.

tricks evolve... spots change... trends fade... skateboarding is forever.
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2003 10:03
Hello,
First I'll explain the map thing. I'm guessing you want bird's-eye view 2d maps like Zelda/FF, so to build your map all you need is a free program that comes with most comuters: Microsoft Paint. First make what you want the ground to look like (without trees or anything), then have a pic of a tree, or a rock, and load those multiple times where you need them, and you can do the same for any other "background" objects that don't require animation.

To make an animation you need to either have a gif file that shows the animation you want, and duplicates for facing other directions (facing north/up_walk, west/left_walk, etc.). The other method is using a bunch of bitmaps that, when flipped through in a special order (like animator's notebook), show an animation. From there load each frame or bitmap after a certain number of milliseconds(depending on how fast you want the animation to play). If you need help email or post here again.

hope I could help,

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Side Projects: SHIPWRECK, the boss's school project

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 14:38:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 14:38:05