Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / somewhere to find game sprites??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 02:29
im trying to get into some 2d since i havent yet and have some game ideas in mind but need some sprites does anyone knmowwhere to get some sprite images for games since my computer art skills arent up there yet

KOOLAID
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 06:18
I would reccomend starting with tetris.

the graphical overhead is basically a cube, with or without a nice smooth or 3d looking effect.

they can be made with code ink and box command.

Performing those two commands twice with the second one being slighty smaller will help to give a semi 3d look provided the 2nd one is a slightly lighter colour.

tetris will show you many aspects to a games core workings and asve you the time of crawling around looking for hotch potch graphics for your game.

If you think about it also in 3d, a cube is already available for you so a coloured cube or a textured cube which is faster can be used in 3d or used to create a 2d render of the image you need.

good luck if that helps to open doors and or ideas.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 05:48:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 05:48:21