Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Lazerus - 3D - Ceros Goddess of Calamity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
War, death, misery, the distress of the world filled the heart of our divine watcher. The seeds she planted so long ago have rot and corrupted. Her children wage campaigns of slaughter against one another in a desperate bid to prove there power. With no other choice she must do what any good mother would do, teach them discipline...

So to those of you who know my modeling habits, i bid you hello and to bear with me

Concepts'

Where im up to'

For Dom war ofc'

Linkage to Cg hub thread where i've been working.

http://cghub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5689

Crits, questions, Fire away. As to why i have'nt posted here earlier? Five assignments and barely enough time to do anything at all, never mind multi-tasking threads. So cheers and ill be around sooner or later

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2011 15:07
Insane, the gun is really cool
though, in the front/back view, the hips looks somewhat fat

can't wait to see the texture

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2011 20:03
dont look fat at all to me, except for the armor plating lol.

Great work laz!

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Hah, Seems like you improved a lot Lazerus!
guess its the pressure of competing with the best modellers in the world, hah

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys, she's no were near done yet and the gun is going under a full redesign. Her armour and general everything is still in the basic stages, hell you could call this a slightly more detailed base mesh in comparason with the new ideas i have now. As always ill be handpainting everything as usual.

Working on the proportions still ofc.

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 08:27 Edited at: 17th Apr 2011 09:50
Laz even with the armor she looks a little squaty. I hope you dont mind if i help you out a bit...

were i see the problem the most is in the legs. She looks like shes been riding a horse for the last 1000 yrs and finally got off for a break. The model is great except that you need to design her armor in the way that shows feminine qualities. Curves that match her body. If your using bulk for armor do so in a way that still gives off a slender quality.. these things arnt just cliche... their things that add to theme and personality... what i would do is use a female base to start and then add armor on top and remove hidden geometry. As for the other hand... i think the gun is enough... a regular female had would work much better. the other hand is just too much and takes away from the gun. KK I did you now you do me lol....

I really think you have a creative quality that others lack. Your skill goes beyond using a tutorial to create something, and your subject matter is the hardest there is. So your doing good. The trick is to use your style to create a realism and create personality in a character. I say this all the time but look into anatomy and look into say capcom characters to learn to bring life to animated characters...

Trust me those guys know what their doing!! LOL

Attachments

Login to view attachments
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 10:15
Cool model .

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 14:56 Edited at: 17th Apr 2011 14:58
Thanks for the crit Primal, Ill update with the changes im working on when i can. As for the squatiness it was the shins that where pulling it funny, i was using heroric proportion on everything but her legs so it skewed it a little. As for more skin? There are a few things i'm working on, the armour was never set in stone and with the new changes it should give her waistline better appeal.

The cannon V2 is still getting built, but with its size it needs to sit that high on here arm, It was'nt meant for agile shooting it's a satillite cannon meaning you don't aim for one guy you aim for a few miles around him

I finally got my new mechanical pencil with 2b leads so im abusing sketchbooks looking for better designs now. I hit on a few nice things to use so

An thanks karmac

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 15:51
Quote: "An thanks karmac "

Im Kamac . You're like 101th person on internet who called me 'karmac' by around 5 years . Something's wrong with my nick

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
haha sorry i know a karmac lol XD

Neodelito
Years of Service
User Offline
hey this look nice... i like see the final render...

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Lazerus, great work! Keep this up! I do really like your wire/rendering skilzz, model looks clean, and besides the fact of the lovely hips, it really is a good and nice project! Again, keep this up!

I forgot, what program do you use?

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2011 16:04 Edited at: 14th May 2011 16:18
~ As always i do warn you at the start i'm always distracted and interupted mid project

Sorry i never replied Red' i wanted the next bump with a update which took alot longer than expected :S

I use 3DS max 2010, soon to be 2012 thanks to being a student.

So with finishing & handing a years worth of work yesterday, i decided its time for some TLC on my personal projects.

We that i bring to you Ceros with some redesigns.

Her legs are next on the update with a rehaul of the deisng and poly flow. Most notable changes are the helmet and the cannon, these were perstering me the most. Of course ive missed the deadline for Dom war but im not letting that stop me. Ive got the wings sketched out already so when i get to make them, well it should be something else

More when i get there eh?

~ also like to point out that she doesnt have nipples, its just the way ive applied smoothing groups to the armour.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2011 16:36
Wow. Her's model is reminding me some game (Second life?). It's cool style.

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2011 16:37
heh, the way you've done the chest of the armour really makes it look like her breasts are hanging out (Or maybe this is for some weird space pr0n and they actually are? xD)

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Kamac

@Blobby That wasnt intended'

But im planning on changing alot of her armour anyway after ive got everything else blocked out. Im kinda stupid in a good way and add progressive layers of detail, it takes longer but i can change anything without losing hours of work Thanks for the strange crit' anyway, ill be sure to change it

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2011 23:15
Awesome Dude! Great model

I actually dislike the giant hand...it looks a bit out of place, but that might be just me.

I'm new to the party, and I wonder how you approach modeling a head?

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2011 02:13
I like how the girl, or occupant has a very smooth, organic look, out the guns and armour have very harsh, industrial outlines.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Heya wolf thats the third person to mention the hand so i guess it'll have to go

As for getting into face modeling, heres some of the tutorials you should take a look at.

Realistic face modeling

A new one from graphics resource

Face quick time

Full character modeling

They should get you started at any rate

Annnnnnnnd thanks CG

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2011 01:46
Wow! Thanks for the links Lazerus!

I have a go at this right tomorrow

I'm not sure you like it, but have you ever concidered getting a few characters done for FPSCreator? We have a slight lag of innovation in there

Just a thought

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Well ive bought the Fpsc toolbox, but just never could get the hang of the fpsc importing XD Never melded with it aha

Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2011 21:17
I think you might need to flatten her chest abit they look like a couple of rockets getting ready to launch. If it were me I'd lose all the pollys in the middle (the point) and replace them with 3 or 4 flat polys.

On another note I cant wait to see the skin you put on this

'Ooh 'eck chief'...'crumbs'
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2011 23:27
Quote: "If it were me I'd lose all the pollys in the middle (the point) and replace them with 3 or 4 flat polys."

not sure how that would help it?
breasts are, as far as i know more or less rounded, not flat in the middle point of them...

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Well it seems i'm running on valve time

Well, a good few changes as you can/can't see. Started some defintion on chest armour, still reluctant to do anything to her back till ive done the wing/wing's.

Re-done her arm, kept the spike on the back of her forearm and knuckels.

What else, what else, re-done the boob armour so it looks alot less like she hanging out of it, still a few design chamges i want to try out.

hmm at anyrate its still alive ~

One more exam to get over with and ill be home free to do this when i want, instead of revising a years worth of work like today.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 19:55
Is that my logo?

She looks like she can headbutt someone pretty hard.

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 20:19
Hey Laz, it sounds like we're running on the same time scale, you're lucky I've got another 2 exams this week.

It does look a lot better although the fingers do look very pointy, I'd fix those unless they're on purpose. And the boob armour do look better, I think the issue before was that the previous armour almost looked like it framed them

It's looking good, will be interesting to see how it'll be textured, at the moment I'm seeing quite a bit of gold and blue as a potential.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is that my logo? "

Your logo was her helm in the first place Cg

And i know what you mean mazz ;S Friggan uni exams XD

As for her fingers, they do seem a little pointy ill go tweak them before the next update

As for the colour scheme, you hit it perfectly. Though ill be using black undertones through out maybe a splash of white on trims to even out the highlights

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2011 17:04 Edited at: 1st Jun 2011 17:09
Quote: "Friggan uni exams"

Ooh sounds like you're a year ahead of me, that's what I have to look forward to next year

I also meant to ask last post whether or not you were going to use normal maps for this character? As the legs are quite low poly, which might make this a bit of a challenge.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi~hi

Dont worry about the legs, just ive added more detail to the chest im starting to do the same with the legs. They were bugging me the most but its easier to get the chest poly flow done and carry it down the legs than the other way around.

Aghh poop broke my posting twice without updates rule aha Xd

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i had some time to overhaul poly flow cockups and start work on her back *finally* I've left out the areas on the shoulder blade for the wing joining area. Reworked the poly flow on the arms and hands armour ~again. Most of it was revisions to the arms and chest ~again.
Messed about with her abdominal armour to make it flow better with the rest of it. Everything just been tweaks and edits really, at least thats where most of the work has went.

An yes i couldnt be bothered to do the legs yet XD

Well anyway even with her cannon she sits at 5600 tris. Which is just over half my tri allowance. Her legs will eat up another 1500 or less, wings depending on my style will be about 2k aswell. So i have stupidly flexable tri budjet to swing around and with my optmisation on the go, her tri total has changed since the last update. Her back armer is fully modeled, it isnt planes

Ima a poly ninja

Also Primal could you shrink/unembed your image please, ocd is telling me it must line up with my images or die

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
'scuse my triple post, Update ;3

Yup yup, legs are done

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2011 12:33
Nice update Lazerus, I really d like the work you've done on the back and the fingers look a lot better.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 01:20 Edited at: 15th Jun 2011 01:21
Thanks mazz' Steadily finishing up modeling this.

Updates, updates.

Cannon got a new work over as did her helm' She got her shoulder guard too.

Which is easier to read wires from out of those two? Ive toyed with the render settings to make the wires render sharper but im unsure if its for the better aha xD

As usual all C&C is welcome!

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 01:40 Edited at: 15th Jun 2011 01:43
What happened to her helmet? I loved her old helmet!

As for crits, the normal hand looks like it has knuckles on both sides and no palm. Other then that, good stuff.

When he fires does the gear piece in the gun spin-up?

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
It does indeed Josh'

Its a older render of the gun but it shows it just aswell

And the poly flow just makes it look like she has kuckles on her palms, at least i hope XD ill give her palms a look over anyway ;3

An her big arse helm was getting too much in the way XD

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 02:19
the older helmet gave her more personality, instead of this more general type of helmet =/

and for the record, I am a man.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 15:51
Yeh, the old helmet was better for headbutting too. In times of...great need for...no ammo.

Well, it just looked more stylish IMO.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Aghhhh XD Well ive done her mouth, ive changed the helm a *little and started collapsing the meshs together ready for unwrapping.

So no more adding/removing mesh. Only proportion/moving stuff about can be done now.

Ahhhh love the way AO maps make her look like a retarded zombie...

Uv mapping shall be done to the lyrical stylings of "We are Scientists" Love & Squalor is there best album.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2011 16:23
helmet does look better naow a good 20% cooler /i gotta stop doing that...\

and for the record, I am a man.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Uv for Ceros laid out.

Keeping her weapon and shoulder armour on a seperate Uv so i can freely interchange them for different variations of her.

King Fluffs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 18:14
That, looks awesome.
Great job.

Swift Beta Studios

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 19:45:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 19:45:53