Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Common Blender problem answered

Author
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Apr 2011 15:27
For all of you who use blender may or may not have noticed sometimes that when you complete your model, and switch to texture some of the parts of the item seem transparent, this is an easy fix. all you have to do is select all the vertices of the piece that appears transparent, select the "W" hot key when the drop down menu appears, you will see a variety of different selection click on the one that say "FLIP NORMS" then go back to your model and the piece that was previously transparent, is now solid, problem fixed. if anyone has anyother questions surrounding blender I will try and help answer your question! happy modeling.
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 03:55
I guess this is an answer to a newbie, but most modelers have at least a little exprience already know this.

Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 22:34
Yea it's a newbie answer, some one asked could not remember who so I made a short thread.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 17:55
actually travis, thats a very common problem when you are new to a package, not to modelling, as all packages has different ways to flip the verts/polies

I had this problem a while ago, took me some time to figure it out..

thanks for this thread anyway^^

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 11:09
'ctrl n' works to in 2.5x theres a check box for make inside if your trying to do that..

Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2011 07:36
Well, I'm not sure if you can help me but Iv'e been trying like crazy to export my model with its texture. In blender the texture shows "texture is just one picture of wood" but when I export it it is gray
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2011 07:49
screen shots would help

in reference to a .x exporter the image needs to be in the same folder as the .x file your loading. A few more details and we might be able to get you running

Ron lemasters
User Banned
Posted: 23rd May 2011 18:37
I made a separate thread on this that could help or just go on Utube and type in blender to FPSC whoever when it tells u to export on the video and u do as the video says and it is still grey try it again and when u export click on export all the video uses blender 2.49 and if you have the new version just go to the blender.org site and click on older versions it will give u a list of older versions and just click on the one for ur computer use blender 2.49b this I know works, hopefully it helps and make sure u have paint.net so u can make it a dds file, but if u are using fragmotion with blender save it in paint.net as a tga file or it might be grey for u.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 00:54:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 00:54:13