Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / What Happened X9 [W.I.P]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 05:18 Edited at: 6th May 2011 00:00
What Happened

Developer - Slayer267

Story - When the U.S economy crashed, all hell broke loose. Countries around the world wanted their money so they decided to destroy the United States. The countries then formed the group called the Alkena Republic that is completely against the U.S. While they were destroying the U.S, they sent five nuclear bombs. One on the White House, one on the Pentagon, one on New York, another in A-51 (Area-51) and the last one in Minnesota. However, the nuke in New York did not explode; it spread radiation all over, mutating people into mindless creatures. Why the hell am I still alive?

Description - My first commercial game! You fight zombies and people its pretty much a 2 in one game. I was trying to go for more of a L4D style combined with F.E.A.R 2... Not sure about the story of the little girl though for this game so she might not appear!

Screens(WARNING They are dark!) -

Any constructive Criticism is appreciated!

I will also say this... This is one of the best treads I have made...

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
JaredxD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 10:33
Screens look alright, but one thing:

Lightmapping is your friend! and it will make your scenes look alot better

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Countries around the world wanted they're money so they decided to destroy the Untied States."

There is your problem. The U.S dollar is the standard now but if our country completely crumbled (like you suggested)
no one would want our money as it would be completely worthless. They might want all the oil we are sitting on or perhaps our
stash of gold we have locked away... but not physical money.

And another thing, why drop a nuke in Minnesota? I'm just saying.

Your screens are dark (like you said) but I really can't say they look good and be honest. Plus, if they just dropped
a nuke in that town you are showing... complete upright buildings would not still be left standing.

There is my 2 cents. I hope I did no offend you; wasn't my goal.

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 Extreme RAM,
ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard, 2 X 9800GT in SLI
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 23:43 Edited at: 5th May 2011 23:53
Well like I said the one in NY failed. Your in NY... Lol. It didn't explode it just spread radiation everywhere...

The reason for the Minnesota nuking is because I couldn't think of any other places...

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 23:46 Edited at: 30th Jul 2011 19:45
Quote: "When the U.S economy crashed, all hell broke loose. Countries around the world wanted their money so they decided to destroy the United States. The countries then formed the group called the Alkena Republic that is completely against the U.S. While they were destroying the U.S, they sent five nuclear bombs. One on the White House, one on the Pentagon, one on New York, another in A-51 (Area-51) and the last one in Minnesota. However, the nuke in New York did not explode; it spread radiation all over, mutating people into mindless creatures. Why the hell am I still alive?"

Fixed a few typos.

The story doesn't seem quite plausible, as the economy has crashed majorly several times in US history, not resulting in any war. And, the "mindless creatures" thing is just so...generic. I'd recommend maybe having the warring countries invading the US and not nuking it (or at least not so heavily...), as the fallout of said nukes would more than likely drift to Canada and Mexico. Only the US, UK, India, Pakistan, France, China, Israel, and Russia have nukes. Of course, Iran and North Korea are both likely to have nuclear weapons... No one in their right minds would really nuke the US, though there are some crazy people out there...

And there would not be any chance of anyone nuking the White House and the Pentagon. They're too close together.

My several cents.

Cheesehead for life.
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 23:55 Edited at: 6th May 2011 00:02
Sheesh now that you think of it the U.S would be gone in seconds. Plus you are against China. They are one of the main producers in stuff...

Edit - I have the saddest ending in gaming history

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 00:04
More screens

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 00:16 Edited at: 6th May 2011 00:29
I think your story is a bit implausible.

Well, not implausible. It doesn't really make sense. If countries America owes money to wanted their money back, why would they nuke America? Surely it would be better to just invade?

So say for example; the economy collapses. Due to its massive indebtedness, the government and all semblance of society cease to exist. A civil war breaks out. The three largest holders of American debt - China, Japan and the United Kingdom - decide to intervene and invade as part of a coalition. They play the role of "repo men". China takes trillions of dollars of gold, oil and materials for its economy, as do Japan and the UK, as payment for each cent they're owed. Everything from jewelry to military hardware is loaded onto container ships and transported back to their countries. Japan takes five thousand tonnes of PlayStations. China removes all the light bulbs from every public sector building. The UK even takes a priceless bust of Winston Churchill. Oh no wait...

After they've gone, the three powers, feeling slightly guilty, maintain peacekeeping roles, hoping to allow the United States space and time to rebuild itself free of debt. But then those evil Frenchies come along and nuke everyone. China decides it's had enough and withdraws all its troops, so Japan and the UK are left with a hardy band of ex-US soldiers to defend the place against BĂ©rnard and his equally French chums. Then your story begins.

Or even, if your irrational dislike of the French is not as heavy as mine, change it so that China turns on the other two and "burns the bridges" by nuking the allies as it leaves. Then we and the Japanese and what's left of the Americans fight back.

Anyway, you can go on from there however you wish.
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 00:45
Thats just alittle of the story... I don't really want to ruin it... Demo might be released soon!

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 00:59 Edited at: 6th May 2011 01:01
Quote: "Plus you are against China. They are one of the main producers in stuff..."

However...China wouldn't invade, or nuke the US. Did they when the economy most recently crashed?
And in the event that any country did invade the US, every single one of our allies would help us, more than likely. The invading country would stand no chance.

Cheesehead for life.
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 01:02
SPOILER ALERT!!! In the game it tells you that they are $289,685,572,498 in dept!

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 01:30
Erm...that's only $290 billion. The US is in debt, what, $14 trillion?

Cheesehead for life.
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 02:11
No dude... Can you count I wrote 289 trillion lol...

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 02:23 Edited at: 6th May 2011 02:26
Quote: "No dude... Can you count I wrote 289 trillion lol..."

Quote: "289,685,572,498"

Two-hundred eighty-nine billion, six-hundred eighty-five million, five-hundred seventy-two thousand, four-hundred ninety-eight.

I'd say I can.

I'm trying to help you with your game; please drop the "Can you count" attitude, as it is not needed.

Cheesehead for life.
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 02:52 Edited at: 6th May 2011 02:53
Ok... Lol... Why are we arguing about counting?

Edit - Do you want to help with like modeling and such?

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 03:01
Quote: "Edit - Do you want to help with like modeling and such?"

Well, seeing as though I can't model that well, I'd not be able to.
But, I meant help as in...give you pointers, constructive criticism, etc.

Cheesehead for life.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th May 2011 03:14
In the second group of pictures your lighting is better but your building contractor put floors on the ceilings. Wherever he came from is the country you should be at war with. Unless they were union workers from Detroit.

Brian.

Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 03:22
Ahaha! Anyway I fixed the lighting in the street level!

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 04:40
@ le shorte

Well do you want to test the game. For free

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 20:35
Quote: "If countries America owes money to wanted their money back, why would they nuke America? Surely it would be better to just invade?"

Attack the USA under Defcon 1. Even a fly is shot when it gets too close to the coast. Then they open the hatches of A-51 revealing a mech army etc.

Yeah, jokes aside

I might have made a wrong deduction but it sounds and seems like that you are just whipping together a game to gain profit.

Learn some level design tricks, concentrate on the areas of design you do best and study the stuff you don't know very well yet. Eventually you'll get better, learn some other aspects of game design, make contacts and one day you can call yourself a game designer.

All you really need is the right attitude

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 22:39
Quote: "Attack the USA under Defcon 1. Even a fly is shot when it gets too close to the coast."

Strange. I hear Mexicans manage it all the time.

And anyway, being at a certain heightened level of alertness would be irrelevant. The army and its staff are employees of the government, and the government wouldn't be able to fund their employment.

Being in that kind of situation is quite scary, when you think about it. Ironically, speaking personally, even with the government cutting spending, we're all still seriously close to being in that situation.

Anyway I'll stop before I start getting political and losing friends.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 23:22
Quote: "Well do you want to test the game. For free"

I'll have to politely decline, though thank you for the offer. I'd be too busy to take so much time to test a game for all of its bugs and such.

Quote: "Strange. I hear Mexicans manage it all the time."

If you call 1 billion Mexicans making failed attempts to cross the border per year a little...then I suppose all the time. And yes. That is, indeed, more than the population of Mexico.
Anyway, we should probably stay on topic with the game

Cheesehead for life.
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2011 00:02 Edited at: 7th May 2011 00:02
I agree...

EDIT!!! - Ahh! The got the waiting for threads to finish thingy! eek!

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2011 02:46 Edited at: 7th May 2011 02:46
Ok we're not here to talk about how to go about invading the United States

Anyway, the game looks alright, I don't know how long this takes place after the attack, but there should be a little deterioration inside the buildings, if you look at something like HomeFront you can see that since people have stopped taking care of the area, it's a little dirty.

Maybe flickering lights, as if they we're on a back up power supply, just a thought.

And since some of the nuclear bomb targets seem a little random, here's a link to what the USSR had for it's ICBM strikes in the 1980s, just for reference if you wan't to see some strategic areas I guess.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/US_nuclear_strike_map.svg

Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2011 04:20
How do i fix the waiting for threads to finish?

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
The following screen tells you what to do:

But you have to change the ceiling texture too.
Because I never saw someone put parket on ceiling.
Parkets are for ground.

And use animated particles for fire on in first screens.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2011 20:55
Quote: "The following screen tells you what to do:"

I like it up there better!

Quote: "But you have to change the ceiling texture too.
Because I never saw someone put parket on ceiling.
Parkets are for ground."

Will change when have time.

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 09:09:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 09:09:15